Position: Chef De Partie
Location: Abingdon, Oxford
Salary: up to £22,500 per annum + amazing company benefits!
Hours: 10:30 - 20:00 - Monday to Friday - Term Time Working (38 weeks, paid for 46 weeks)
Are you an experienced chef de Partie looking seeking the next step in your career? Are you looking to join a professional team working in a fantastic, fresh food kitchen? Then this may be the role for you....
You will be part of a large team providing fantastic fresh food and drink on offer for the students and staff. In addition to a busy dinning room, you will also cater for a hospitality service including working lunches for meetings, University and student events, external conferences for clients, and a variety of private functions.
If this sounds like you then perhaps you will be interested in working with at this Prestigious School.
- Certified in Food Hygiene Level 1 & 2
- Experienced in the preparation, cooking and presentation of fresh pastry
- A positive attitude with a passion to support and develop menus
- A dedicated approach to the development and training of the commis chefs
- Ordering and stock control management
- Meeting food safety and cleaning standards
- Hardworking and reliable
- Hands-on with a 'can do' attitude
Job Role will involve.....
- To plan, prepare and cook menu items as directed by the Sous / Head Chef.
- To assist in the development and planning of menus, including future food trends, and to be passionate about developing new styles of service and concepts in the location.
- To assist with stock taking when required.
- To carry out the smooth and efficient running of your section as appropriate.
- Assist the head chef in the implementation and monitoring of all departmental training & development plans.
- To control stock management, production levels and portion control to achieve and exceed budget targets
- To manage the departmental budget to support the kitchen team, by providing appropriate tools and resources.
- A good understand of all current Health & Safety, HACCP, COSHH and Food Safety regulations
- Maintain and encourage in others the strictest of hygiene disciplines.
- Attend mandatory training days/courses, on or off site, as and when required.
- To carry out any other duties reasonably requested by a member of the management team.
- Competitive Salary - Up to £22,500 P/A
- Experience working in a world class kitchen with the opportunity to learn and share tips from top chefs and managers
- 38 days holiday including Bank Holidays
- Excellent company pension scheme and life assurance
- Paid Overtime
- Easter & Christmas Holidays off
- Cycle to work scheme
- Reduced Bus Pass rate
- Staff loyalty discount card
- Complimentary meals on duty
If you are interested and would like to find out more about this role, please call Rob Jones at Newbury Blue Arrow T: 02039 603 650 // or apply online
You must be eligible to live and work in the UK at the time of application
Blue Arrow Catering and Hospitality currently has an extensive range of catering roles; temporary, interim and permanent. See our website or get in touch for more details.