School Caretaker - Exeter
BlueArrow Exeter are recruiting for a Caretaker for one of our local Exeter schools to manage the internal and external school facilitates. This role would suit someone who has a facilities or maintenance background and has a good understanding of Health & Safety and ensuring that the site is well maintained at all times. The role offers full time hours 5 days per week and a competitive hourly rate.
- Responsible for locking and unlocking the site, ensuring all buildings are secure.
- Carrying out general maintenance jobs within the school and on the school grounds, including minor repairs and decoration works.
- Being proactive by noticing issues in the facilities and either rectifying or bringing the defect to the attention of management.
- Respond to emergency situations such as floods, or damage and implementing temporary or permanent solutions.
- Daily and weekly checks of main facilities onsite (Boilers, drains, CCTV).
- Setting up rooms/putting up and taking down of sports equipment as arranged with the school requirements.
- Escort Contractors as and when required - Ensure contractors are DBS cleared.
- Other ad hoc day-to-day duties as they arise.
- Experience as a handyman with general DIY skills, minor plumbing, carpentry, electrical would be an advantage.
- Approachable personality with the ability to liaise with and assist external service providers.
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to multi task
- Willingness to learn new skills and undertake training to develop role
- Flexible and adaptable in approach.
- Ongoing position with potential permanent opportunities.
- Holiday pay
- Weekly pay
- App to record your hours and book holiday
- Full time hours Monday - Friday 10am - 7pm / 7am - 4pm
- Full training provided
- Immediate start
Please note as this role will involve working in a school you will require Disclosure Barring Service Check, which we can arrange for you.
If you would like to be considered for this role please apply online, once we have your application we will give you a call with more details. If you have any questions about the role please call our Exeter branch on 01392 424733.