A prestigious high street retailer are recruiting for 3 Drivers Mates/Porters to join their existing team.
As a Drivers Mate/Porter, the role involves assisting drivers with the deliveries, helping to navigate the routes and communicating with customers advising on delivery times.
It is essential to have customer service experience.
Shifts/rotas each week will vary and some weeks will offer full time work while others may be part time. You must be flexible to accommodate the clients' requirements.
This is a long-term, ongoing role, with no planned end date.
- Loading/unloading deliveries onto the van
- Calling customers to provide them with an estimated time of arrival
- You must deliver an exceptionally high level of customer service
- You must be able to engage and interact with the customer who will be excited about their delivery
- Loading goods into customers houses, into an allocated room/space
- Obtaining customers signature to verify they are happy and in receipt of goods
- Calling customers if deliveries CANNOT be made due to time constraints upon drivers time on the road
- Managing customers' expectations, in some instances remaining calm if the customer is frustrated after having waited in for their delivery
- Reconciling all relevant paper work from the deliveries that day.
- Unloading undelivered items
- Shifts will be 11 hours per day
- Weekly rotas can include Saturdays
- You will have a set uniform to wear and you must be well-presented at all times
- Due to nature of the role must be physically fit
- Previous customer service experience
- Able to work early and late shifts as well as some Saturdays
- Shift start times will be 6:30am or 10:30am
You will be available to attend an induction and start work from Wednesday 21st July, pending registration and referencing.
If this is the role for you, please apply now.