Position: Head Pastry Chef
Sector: Luxury Hotel - Fine dinning
Location: Oxford City Centre
Salary: £36,000 to £38,000 P/A + Tips
Type: Permanent, 45 hours per week
Are you looking for your next step in your kitchen Career? ✔️
Want to work with fresh food? ✔️
Want to work with a friendly team? ✔️
Have opportunities to progress? ✔️
City centre location?✔️
Work in a fully renovated hotel? ✔️
Be part of a pre-opening hotel? ✔️
I could go on! .....Then this role may be for you...
My client is on the lookout for an enthusiastic Pastry chef who share the Hotels passion for all thing's hospitality. The role will require the successful candidate to maintain incredibly high standards, displaying high levels of skill, creativity and attention to detail. You will oversee the direction of the pastry team with delivery of Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner & afternoon tea.
The Hotel at its final stages of a multi-million pound revamp to make it a truly a destination hotel for anyone visiting Oxford. If you want to be part of an exciting pre-opening hotel, then this may be the role for you, as my client is looking for people to start as soon as 19th July...
Read on if you would like to know more......
Head Pastry Chef - Ideal Candidate:
- Solid experience as a Head Pastry Chef, ideally at a Michelin star or multi or AA Rosette level
- Confidence to run Pastry, mentoring the junior chefs in their tasks.
- Experience with ordering whilst monitoring stock usage, menu plans and business levels.
- High standards of cleanliness, stock control, and work prioritisation.
- A true passion for pastry and have the enthusiasm and willingness to learn.
- Consistently deliver high standard of food preparation
- Ability to prioritize different tasks and requests coupled with proven organization skills
- Good level of English language both spoken and written
- Flexibility to work on rota basis is a must
- A passion to succeed in a fast-paced quality environment
- Have an NVQ Level 1 & 2 Catering qualification or equivalent
- Have a Level 2 Food Safety and Catering qualification or equivalent
Job Role will involve.....
- To assist in the development and planning of menus, including future food trends, and to be passionate about developing new styles of service and concepts in the location.
- To assist with stock taking when required.
- To carry out the smooth and efficient running of your section as appropriate.
- Assist the head chef in the implementation and monitoring of all departmental training & development plans.
- To control stock management, production levels and portion control to achieve and exceed budget targets
- To manage the departmental budget to support the kitchen team, by providing appropriate tools and resources.
- A good understand of all current Health & Safety, HACCP, COSHH and Food Safety regulations
- Maintain and encourage in others the strictest of hygiene disciplines.
- Attend mandatory training days/courses, on or off site, as and when required.
- To carry out any other duties reasonably requested by a member of the management team.
- Completive Salary
- Staff Uniform provided
- Career progression
- Personalised learning and training plans to develop your skills and knowledge
- 28 days holiday (inc BH's)
- Pension Scheme
- Free Meals on Duty
- Free hot drinks and fruit in the rest room
- As day off if your birthday falls on a working day
- 25% staff discount in the restaurant
- Long service awards
- Employee Assistance Scheme
- Bike to work Scheme
- Employee referral bonus
If you are interested and would like to find out more about this role, please call Rob Jones at Newbury Blue Arrow T: 02039 603 650 // or apply online
You must be eligible to live and work in the UK at the time of application
Blue Arrow Catering and Hospitality currently has an extensive range of catering roles; temporary, interim and permanent. See our website or get in touch for more details.