Blue Arrow Derby are proud to be working in partnership with picturesque Nature Reserve company and they are looking for a Shop Manager to join their team on a part-time permanent basis to manage their Charity shop in Belper.
Hours: Part-time - 30 hour per week (excluding lunch breaks)
Hours are worked flexibly on a rota basis. It is a requirement that the successful applicant be available to work Saturday's, Sunday's, bank holidays and cover for staff absences.
Salary: £19,200 (paid pro-rota)
About the Role
The successful candidate will be reporting to the Retail Manager, and will be responsible for all activities related to the day to day running of a charity retail shop.
Duties will include:
- Ensuring excellent customer service, building loyalty from customers, donors and volunteers
- Responsible for the recruitment, training, direction, supervision, motivation and support of retail assistants and volunteers and ensuring the store is appropriately staffed during core trading hours
- Responsible for ensuring income targets are met by driving increased sales of donated and new goods, participating in fundraising campaigns and supporting the membership team
- Responsible for the selection, storage, pricing and merchandising of all donated goods and the stock control of new goods
- Ensure that stock is displayed to its full potential both on the shop floor and in the shop windows upholding the Trust brand and shop standards
- Actively encourage the public to donate saleable goods and where applicable sign up as Gift Aid donors, building loyalty and encouraging repeat donations and adhering to data protection
- Responsible for recording sales and other key performance information daily, analysing and forecasting monthly sales figures
- Managing controllable expenditure and applying commercial judgement to increasing sales
- Communicate and brief store teams on daily/weekly forecast regularly updating the team on business performance
- Responsible for the daily recording, safeguarding and banking of cash receipts
- Responsible for Health and Safety, building security and cleanliness, including ensuring the regular disposal of waste and the reporting of any building and equipment faults.
- Previous experience within a customer focussed retail or service sector
- Previous experience working at a supervisory or managerial level
- Previous experience ideally working with and managing volunteers
- Previous experience working within a charity retail shop is desirable
- Educated to A level standard or equivalent relevant experience/business qualification
- Understanding of the latest retail trends and looks
- Good knowledge of Trading Standards, Health and Safety and manual handling
- Excellent communication skills, able to relate to and influence all levels of staff and volunteers
- Computer literate and able to use word-processing, e-mail and spreadsheet software (Word, Excel and Outlook) and internet research capability
- Ability to adapt to new work situations and use initiative to find solutions to work related problems
If you have access to your own transport, and live in Belper or surrounding areas that's great. If you're flexible with travel, the site is around 20 minutes' drive from Derby City Centre.
If you are limited to public transport here is regular public transport and the site is situated near the train station also.
The Next Stage
If you are interested in the above role and feel you can meet the above requirements - we would love to hear from you as soon as possible. We please ask all applications are made via the click apply button, and we will aim to process your application as quickly and as efficiently as possible.