Blue Arrow Derby are proud to be working in partnership with a leading Healthcare provider, and we are currently looking to recruit a number of NHS 111 Health Advisors / Call Handlers - Afternoons / Evenings (Full or Part-time) to join their expanding team based at either their Chesterfield site.
Please note this role will be based on site, and is not a remote position.
Training will be full-time (even if applying for the part-time role) for 6 weeks at either the Derby or Chesterfield site, and will be over weekdays and weekends.
- 20 hours per week - between 16:00 - 00:00 (weekdays) & 14:00 - 00:00 (weekends) OR between 17:00 - 23:00 (with some odd days being as late as 02:00 (weekdays) & 15:00 - 23:00 (weekends)
- 24 hours per week - between 13:00 - 02:00 (weekdays and weekends) OR between 17:00 - 23:00 (with some odd days being as late as 02:00 (weekdays) & 15:00 - 23:00 (weekends)
- 30 hours per week - between 08:00 - 22:00 (weekdays and weekends)
- 37.5 hours per week - between 13:00 - 02:00 (weekdays and some weekends) & 08:00 -18:30 (other weekends)
Rotas' are advised up to 4 weeks in advance - a breakdown of exacts days will be shown to you during the interview process.
Salary & Pay Rates - up to £22,035 (shift dependant)
- £9.50 p/h - for training only
- £10.00 p/h - basic rate / weekdays
- £11.30 p/h - enhanced rate weekday evenings/overnights
- £12.50 p/h - enhanced rate weekends (from Fri 6:00pm to Mon 8:00am)
We encourage all applicants to initially apply online first, so we can process your application as quickly and as efficiently as possible. Please note also a further application form will be required to be completed after applying.
About the Role
As a Health Advisor for the NHS 111 Service, you will be working as a key member of the team in a busy fast-paced environment. You will be providing call handling for patients requiring urgent medical assistance ensuring the appropriate response is given based on the patient's symptoms/needs.
* Significant recent experience (within the last year) of working within customer service or with the general public is essential
* At least 2 years solid previous and recent customer service experience is essential
* Experience of handling face-to-face and/or telephone enquires
* Excellent IT / computer skills
* Excellent telephone manner
* Ability to be proactive and have good use of initiative
* Demonstrate at least 3 years previous experience in a care, customer service or call centre environment
* Possess excellent communication skills
* Organised and reliable
* Work quickly and accurately under pressure
Duties will include:
* Taking and dealing with a high number of telephone calls from members of the public
* Communicating with a wide range of people including patients, relatives and representatives, colleagues, appropriate staff in local primary and secondary care services, social services, ambulance services and out of hours and other related services within the local health economy.
* Delivering excellent customer service
* Dealing with a range of patients medical queries including urgent medical assistance
* Logging calls and updating information in the system in a timely and efficient manner using the in-house NHS Pathways software
* Escalate patient calls to a Clinical Advisor where appropriate
* Dispatch an ambulance in the case of an emergency or refer onto, or provide, information about other available services.
Why should you apply?
Do you want to work in a challenging yet rewarding role that would be making a huge different to people's lives on a daily basis? If so this is a great opportunity to join a fantastic organisation, where many opportunities including career progression and benefits are available.
* On-site parking available (subject to availability)
* On-site canteen and other facilities available
* Competitive Salary
* Generous holiday entitlement
* NHS Pension Scheme
* Westfield Health Scheme
* Advantage of registration with NHS discounts
* Being part of a supportive & innovative team with scope for progression
* Learn new skills and receive feedback on your performance.
Assessment & Interview Process
The interview process will include of a successful agency registration, and a two stage interview - literacy and listening assessment, and a final interview including telephone based scenario questions.
Assessments are every Tuesday and Wednesday at 10:00am, and are around 1 hour long - these will be based remotely so you must have access to a computer or laptop for this, and be available for one of these slots.
If you have been successful compliance checks (including 2 years referencing), an Enhanced DBS checks (Child and Adult Workforce) and Medical Assessments will then be conducted. Please note this stage can take up to 6 weeks to be completed and you are not able to start until they have been.
Once the above has been successful, you must be available for 6 weeks full-time to complete the required training at either Derby or Chesterfield.
If you are unable to commit to any of the above application stage, unfortunately your application will be unsuccessful.
Located in Ashgate Manor, Chesterfield. This location would suit anyone with their own transport in Chesterfield or the surrounding areas. The site is also easily commutable to via bus services, as there are bus stops a short walk from the site, and Chesterfield train station.
The Next Stage
If you are interested in the above role, and feel you can meet the above requirements - we would love to hear from you as soon as possible. We please ask all applications are made via the click apply button.