Blue Arrow is looking for a Premises assistant to work in a school during the whole month of August. The canidate must have an Enhanced...
Working as an Estates Assistant is a great way to meet new people, with no workday being quite the same. If you're looking for ongoing, temporary cleaning shifts that can offer consistent shift patterns and hours and enable you to have a good-work life balance then our client have the perfect role for you.
Pay £10.21 p/h for cleaners and £10.41 p/h for drivers
Working hours Mon - Fri 8-4pm, half hour lunch Mon - Thu & 1-hour lunch on Friday (37 hrs a week)
- Weekly Pay
- Holiday Pay
- Workplace pension scheme
Client will shortlist based on CV - no interview needed.
Roles & Responsibilities
* A keen eye for detail and unclean surfaces
* The ability to work well independently and as part of a team
* A methodical approach to cleaning that is both thorough and efficient
* Self-motivation and be able to work as part of a team
* Good organisational skills
* Good interpersonal and communication skills
* Physical abilities as the job may involve lifting, reaching and bending down and other movements associated with cleaning activities. You'll need to be able to work on your feet for long periods of time
* Basic numeracy and literacy
* Adaptability to change and willingness to embrace new ideas and processes
* Ability to work unsupervised and deliver quality work
* Enthusiasm to develop your skills and knowledge
* A positive and approachable manner Physically fit and good at responding to and reporting back
* Able and willing to take directive instructions from team leaders
* Follow instructions and report to team leaders any H&S concerns
* Able to be mindful and supportive towards co colleagues
* Undertaking cleaning and able to follow H&S instructions
* Respecting professional boundaries and be able to challenge in a non-confrontational manner
* PPE: Own Safety boots required; other PPE provided
* Dust, polish, sweep, vacuum, mop, sanitise in common ways
* Clean down the touch areas in common ways -lift buttons, handrails, door entry systems.
* Carry out deep cleaning and detailed cleaning tasks
* Notify management of deficiencies or repairs required
* Undertake other aspects associated with the role, mopping, removing bodily fluids, syringes etc.
* No qualifications required, but an understanding of COSHH (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health), Health & Safety Responsibilities, Manual Handling and good cleaning practices to avoid cross contamination is important
* Any experience of working as a cleaner, or similar such as if some of the main duties/responsibilities were part of another job undertaken or non-paid cleaning experience is a bonus
* Driving License is preferable but not essential for the role. Drivers would drive council vehicle getting staff from location to location and deliver supplies.
* H&S Induction and training provided
So, if you want to join our friendly and hard-working Estates Assistant team, then get in touch with us today.