Sous Chef - Derbyshire Willington x5 - Immediate start
Pay £14.50 per hour.
Shifts: 2 days a week to support the restaurant, will increase in busier periods and for holiday and sick cover.
Contract - Temporary part time.
Do you love working with fresh food on a daily basis? Or are you are currently looking to gain some extra hours, and shifts alongside your current position? If the answer is yes then this is definitely something suitable for you, and we would love to speak with you.
Blue Arrow Derby are looking for a temporary relief chef, to support a client based in the Willington Derbyshire areas. The client has a lot of other restaurants, within their group. You will be working with fresh food daily, cooking food to order in their tapas/European restaurant. You will be requiring to report to the head chef, and support with any sickness, and absences when needed.
Working times, shifts and pay rates
As you can imagine being a chef does mean you are expected to work days, evenings, weekends and nights. However this particular client is mainly looking for two days a week working 12 till 9pm on a Tuesday and Wednesday. There will be occasion when you will be asked to support on other days due to holidays and sickness.
Pay rates are £14.50 per hour enhanced rates on Sundays and Bank Holidays.
Our client is based on the marina in Willington. There is bus stop across the road for anyone who is travelling via public transport. There is free parking on site too.
The working environment:
- You will be required to support with the day to day running of the kitchen
- You will be working on site a restaurant, with a chef brigade including head chef
- Prepare and cook fresh food to order ready for full lunch and evening service.
- Adhere to all food health and safety on site
- Assist with putting away deliveries
Requirements and skills:
- Previous experience as a chef, at least up to senior chef de partie role/ Sous chef
- Flexibility in shift patterns - i.e must be able to work day and evening shifts dependant on when the clients need cover
- Great communication and team work skills
- Level 2 food hygiene certificate (ideal but not essential as we can provide this at a cost)
- Passion for food
- Ability to work under pressure
- Due to certain locations a full UK driving license is required along with own access to a vehicle
- Own chef whites and chef knives
Why Apply & Benefits to joining Blue Arrow
Blue Arrow is a Nationwide Agency based throughout the UK we have branches in all locations work is always on offer. A lot of our chefs who are registered with us enjoy working for Blue Arrow due to the flexibility around shifts, and we can offer both ongoing and short-term assignments. Another great reason is that you get paid a great hourly salary along with every hour worked, Some of our chefs have gained permanent roles with their perfect companies due to working in ongoing assignments and then offered permanent contracts and most importantly you are paid on time and on a weekly basis.
- Great pay rates and weekly pay
- your very own App and portal to accept shifts on the go, and submit timesheets
- Dedicated consultant
- Chance to gain more hours around current jobs and commitments.
- Mixtures of shifts.
- PAID FOR EVERY HOUR WORKED
- ongoing work in majority of our clients
- Company pension scheme
So if you think this is just what you're looking for then CLICK APPLY TODAY, and sign up with us, to book your very own interview slot.