Position: Head Chef
Location: Bicester, Oxfordshire
Salary: £35,000 to £40,000
Type: Permanent - B&I site
Hours/Shifts: 5/7 days - 45 Hours per week.
Roles consisting of flexible shifts throughout the week. The number and length of shifts being determined by the demands of the business. Hours and days will be flexible to meet the needs of the business and may includes bank holidays.
- Are you looking for your next step in your kitchen Career? ✔️
- Want to work with fresh food? ✔️
- You share a real passion working with quality food? ✔️
- Want to work with a friendly team? ✔️
- Have opportunities to progress? ✔️
- Be able to work at different sporting, music & cultural events - WORLDWIDE? ✔️
- Have event experience? ✔️
I could go on! .....Then this role may be for you...
I am currently recruiting for a talented Head Chef to join a very reputable contract catering company based in Bicester. The company has a production kitchen where it creates world class cuisine for international travel, fine dinning restaurants and top sporting Music, sporting and cultural events in the UK & worldwide.
My client is looking for a passionate and dedicated Head Chef to become part of team to lead and inspire the workforce, in serval kitchens, and along the Executive Head Chef oversee the production at this state-of-the-art headquarters near in Bicester, Oxfordshire.
- To ensure the delivery of the clients expectations in food quality.
- Manage the team of exceptional Chefs, both full time and casual.
- Liaise with suppliers - Manage all food procurement, stock inwards, stock management and minimise wastage. Assess, negotiate and work with suppliers, to ensure Absolute Taste receives the best quality produce and the best market price, ad hearing to budgets and due diligence
- Manage kitchen production ensuring quality and consistency every time, in line with the company guidelines.
- Manage and exercise company Food Safety and Health and Safety policies
- Manage staffing rotas, hours, holidays, lieu days and cover using the Fourth hospitality system.
- To control and minimise all kitchen associated costs without detriment to the business or service.
- Ensure the kitchen operates efficiently and budgets are managed successfully.
- To hold regular team meetings and briefing to ensure good team communication and cascade of information.
Ideal candidate must have:
- Passionate about great food with exceptional attention to detail.
- Be inspired to create innovative delicious homemade food. A real forward thinker, being aware of market trends.
- Able to work under pressure within a busy kitchen environment
- Have great leadership skills, leading by example.
- An event professional with previous experience within a similar role.
- Salary of £35-40k
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Opportunities to travel while work
- Work in state-of-the-art environment
- Free car parking
- Free meals on duty
- Something different and unique
To apply for this role simply press the 'APPLY' button now. Or Contact Rob or Anna at the Newbury Perm Hub on 01635 349 49
Unfortunately, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we can only respond to applicants with relevant work experience.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.