Site Services AssistantMalmesbury £12.00 per hourFull Time, Temporary, 6 week post and 6 month post availableIf you are an experienced Facilities assistant looking for a...
Role: Laboratory Assistant
Location: Sand Hutton, York
Salary: £9.50 per hour - Ongoing Temp
We are currently looking to recruit a Laboratory Technician on an ongoing temporary basis.
The client we are working with engages within scientific research and development, which ensures they remain at the forefront of scientific and regulatory development.
If successful you will be based in the department that investigates the death of wildlife where there is the possibility they have been poisoned by pesticides.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
* Be responsible for laboratory facilities by performing:
o Daily equipment checks
o Cleaning glassware
o Ordering consumables
o Stock taking
o Instrument maintenance and calibrations
o General laboratory housekeeping
* Conduct work to the Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) quality systems, meticulously following standard operating procedures.
* Perform laboratory procedures using standard laboratory equipment.
* Assist others in all aspects of laboratory and field studies in compliance with the relevant study plans / methods.
Key Skills and Knowledge Relevant to the Role:
* Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
* Ability to keep clear and accurate written records of work.
* Good team working skills but with the ability to work independently as required.
* Practical IT skills in software packages including Microsoft Word and Excel.
* Able to organise, prioritise and complete tasks to the required standards and to tight deadlines.
* Willingness to work with chemical substances that are potentially hazardous to health.
* Willingness to work with deceased animals.
* Methodical approach to work with good attention to detail.
* GCSE (or equivalent) in Maths, English and Science - grade C or above/grade 4 or above.
* Strong work ethic
* Organised and a Team Player.Team player