Blue Arrow Derby are proud to be working in partnership with an excellent Mediterranean Restaurant and they are looking to hire a part-time Chef.
This is initially on a temporary basis but is on-going and with the views of becoming long term/permanent. Please note this position is to ideally start ASAP.
Hours: Tuesday - Saturday (5:00pm - 10:00pm) - some bank holidays will also be required
Salary: £13.00 p/h - £16.50 p/h (depending on experience)
- You will be cooking from small to large numbers daily, fresh to order
- Review cleaning record sheets and adjust where necessary
- Work with the team to improve customer service and offer
- Adhering to all relevant health and safety requirements
- To maintain wastage
- Ensure a clean as you go policy is always being operated
- Work within a team to ensure jobs are completed for the day
- Putting away deliveries.
- Assist with the preparation of food & other areas of the kitchen including pot washing.
Requirement & Skills
- Previous experience as a chef, at least up to senior chef de partie role
- Previous experience with Tapas Food
- Previous experience with serving fresh food
- Great communication and team work skills
- Level 2 food hygiene certificate (ideal but not essential as we can provide this at a cost)
- Passion for food
- Ability to work under pressure
- Due to certain locations a full UK driving license is required along with own access to a vehicle
- Own chef whites and chef knives
Why should you apply?
Blue Arrow is a Nationwide Agency based throughout the UK we have branches in all locations work is always on offer. A lot of our chefs who are registered with us enjoy working for Blue Arrow due to the flexibility around shifts, and we can offer both ongoing and short-term assignments. Another great reason is that you get paid a great hourly salary along with every hour worked, some of our chefs have gained permanent roles with their perfect companies due to working in ongoing assignments and then offered permanent contracts and most importantly you are paid on time and on a weekly basis.
- Great pay rates and weekly pay
- Your very own App and portal to accept shifts on the go, and submit timesheets
- Dedicated consultant
- Chance to gain more hours around current jobs and commitments.
- Mixtures of shifts.
- PAID FOR EVERY HOUR WORKED
- Ongoing work in majority of our clients
- Company pension scheme
Our client is based in Ashbourne, so if you are flexible with travel and have your own transport and living in Ashbourne or surrounding areas that would be great! If you are limited to public transport there may be bus routes available but please consider start and end times and that there may be a walk to site.
The Next Stage
If you are interested in the above role and feel you can meet the above requirements - we would love to hear from you as soon as possible. We please ask all applications are made via the click apply button, and sign up with us, to book your very own interview slot. We can offer shifts as soon as this week, and with our registration process being so easy, it makes it doable to achieve this.