Location: Derby City Centre - immediate start dates
Contract - Temporary to permeant
Shifts - Monday To Thursday 7am till 5.15pm
Salary - up to 39 hours £8.91
We are proud to be working with a reputable and local fabric manufacturing company based in Derby City Centre. They are currently searching for sewing machinist to join their hard working, friendly team on a long-term basis.
The Job Role:
A lot of the role will be repetitive & require you to sit at a workstation for 9 to 10 hours per day
* Stocking up of sewing machines with threads
* Sew products at a fast pace, ensuring high standards are met
* Monitor your sewing machine ensure it is running at the correct efficiency
* Checking of quality of work along the way
* Happy to work to targets and deliver goods to a high standard
* You will be required to work with a selection of machines including overstitch, lockstitch, and studding machines along with a few others. Training will be offered on their specific machines
The ideal candidate:
* Great personality
* Would really suit someone looking to develop in this role
* Someone with sewing hobbies or upholstery skills
* Quick learner and excellent hand-eye coordination
* Ideally previous experience working with fabric on a large scale
* Has a steady hand, patience and experience working with sewing machines
* Looking for long term work - they have long standing staff members up to 46 years!
* Can handle intricate detailed work, working with fine threads, high dexterity and nimble fingers will be required
* 7am till 5.15pm Monday to Thursday - great for anyone wanting a long weekend.
* Up to 39 hours £8.91
If you have your own transport and access to your own vehicle great, If not don't worry as there are bus routes that drop you close to the warehouse, with a short walking distance.
**Please note we are asking candidates to apply online in the first instance so you can book your interview slot via Microsoft teams through video**
Once you are fully registered with us, you will then be asked to go and meet the HR Manager, for a tour of the factory and to see the job role, great opportunity to get to know the site, and for the site to get to know you.