Machine finishing operator - textile fabric roles x5
Location: Derby City Centre - potential start dates w/c 14th May
Contract - Temporary ongoing - can lead temp to perm.
Shifts - Monday To Thursday 7am till 5.15pm
Salary - up to 39 hours £8.91 anything over 39 hours is paid at time and half
Have you worked in a textile role previously, conducting a finishing role? Or have you worked with basic machinery, I.e operating a simple start stop machine? If the answer is yes, we want to hear from you.
We are pleased to be working with a local fabric manufacturing company based in Derby City Centre. Due to the current demand of their business, they are on the search for their next finishing team members to join their team.
- 7am till 5.15pm Monday to Thursday - great for anyone wanting a long weekend.
- Overtime - may include occasional Fridays but only half a day
- Up to 39 hours £8.91
- Anything over 39 hours paid at time and half £13.08 per hour
The Job Role
This role will include quite a bit of manual labour. A lot of the role will be repetitive, will involve sitting down for a long period of time, at the same machine, see below a breakdown of the roles.
- Operating several machines to apply finishing touches to fabrics such as tape, elastic, labels, ribbon etc
- Working with single pieces of fabric, to manually thread through a machine, then onto a reel.
- Manual handling required, moving stock around the warehouse, some barrows are empty whilst other are full of fabric.
- To pack, roll and seal the fabrics using simple machinery.
- Not an intense machine role as the machine is very simple to use with 3 buttons to operate
- A busy department must be able to work in a fast pace role as this is a fast role when the machine is in process.
Training will be offered for the right candidate, from one of their experienced members, however the client is looking for the following in someone
- Ability to sit in the same position, doing the same job on a repetitive basis
- Great personality
- Happy to conduct heavy manual lifting throughout the day
- Happy to work in a warehouse environment and conduct labour tasks.
- Quick learner and a want to learn new roles
- Ideally previous experience working with fabric on a large scale
- Have a steady hand, along with concentration and excellent patience skills
- Worked with industrial machinery before.
- Looking for long term work - people who work here tend to go and stay and they have long standing staff members up to 46 years!
If you have your own transport and access to your own vehicle great, If not don't worry as out client is very central to Derby, and there are bus routes that drop you close to the warehouse, with a short walking distance.
**Please note we are asking candidates to apply online, with your CV in the first instance so you can book your interview slot via Microsoft teams through video**
Once you are fully registered with us, we will submit your profile/cv over to the client and then you will then be asked to go and meet the HR Manager, for a tour of the factory and to see the job role, great opportunity to get to know the site, and for the site to get to know you, before you start.