Position: Pastry Chef
Sector: Luxury Hotel - Fine dinning
Salary: Up to £30,000 + Tips
Type: Permanent, 45 hours per week
- Are you looking for your next step in your kitchen Career? ✔️
- Want to work with fresh food? ✔️
- Want to work with a friendly team? ✔️
- Have opportunities to progress? ✔️
- I could go on! .....Then this role may be for you...
My client is on the lookout for an enthusiastic Pastry chef who share the Hotel passion for all thing's hospitality. As a Breakfast Chef, you will be responsible for ensuring that breakfast and the buffet are prepared and presented to a high quality to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience.
The restaurant is modern and welcoming with a cosy interior and the kitchen is also modern and airy and provides the perfect environment for you to create dishes.
As Pastry Chef you will:
- Work under the multi-talented Head Chef who will offer guidance and training for the right pastry chef
- You will create all manner of desserts and pastries including brulees, tuilles, petit fours, ice cream, several types of bread and all other aspects of pastry
- Be passionate, talented and hardworking and have the drive and determination to develop your skills within a fantastic kitchen
- Have a stable background working within kitchens that focus on fresh food
- Be committed to working to high standards
The Ideal Candidate
- Current experience of working within a 4* quality hotel would be ideal.
- You should be able to work in a flexible and motivated manner.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills, with an eye for detail and the ability to use your own initiative is essential for this role.
- You must have a positive, can do attitude and must be reliable.
- We are looking for someone with great communication skills and the ability to build strong and effective working relationships, creating a rapport with guests and colleagues.
- You must be enthusiastic, flexible, and willing to learn with a professional, prompt and caring attitude.
- The ideal candidate also enjoys working within a fast-paced environment and is competent in multi-tasking and responding to business needs.
- Completive Salary
- Staff Uniform
- Career progression
- 28 days holiday (inc BH's)
- Pension Scheme
- Free hot drinks and fruit in the rest room
- As day off if your birthday falls on a working day
- 25% staff discount in the restaurant
- Long service awards
- Employee Assistance Scheme
- Bike to work Scheme
If you are interested and would like to find out more about this role, please call Rob Jones at Newbury Blue Arrow T: 02039 603 650 // or apply online
You must be eligible to live and work in the UK at the time of application
Blue Arrow Catering and Hospitality currently has an extensive range of catering roles; temporary, interim and permanent. See our website or get in touch for more details.