Pension AdministratorSurrey£13.00 £15.00 per hour PAYE3 months, Possible Temp to PermBlue Arrow are currently recruiting for a senior pensions administrator to work on a temporary...
Working from home
Full time 37.5hrs per week, Monday - Friday with hours between 0800am and latest finish 1700pm
£12.82 per hour, weekly pay, temporary contract
Start date 25/10/2021
We are looking for Pensions Admin Team Managers to join our client in delivering administration services for GPs and Practices. This role is working from home. We are looking for individuals who are committed to delivering 'Right First Time' customer service, in a fast-paced working environment, whilst consistently maintaining high quality and accuracy levels. Your role is to manage the Pensions administrators within Operational Administration team to ensure that all pension calculations and requests from members are responded to and completed in line with regulations.
* Support Resource Planning processes
* Identify barriers to delivery
* Identify and report risks and breaches immediately
* Act as a positive role model for staff exhibiting the level of enthusiasm, commitment and professionalism expected
* To provide support to senior management as required, provide input to Operational reporting and attend meetings with the client and relevant third parties where required
* To lead a team of Pensions Administrators who deal with requests from members taking responsibility for setting the standards on performance and quality to achieve a first class service
* Have responsibility for organising and allocation of the incoming and outgoing work through workflow management systems to Administrators, taking responsibility for setting the standards on performance and quality to achieve a first class service
* Understand staff capabilities to aid their development by agreeing training needs, organise coaching and mentoring to assist staff achieve their full potential
* Develop a highly motivational staff environment
* Review the team's delivery against objectives and hold regular one to ones with direct reports, reviewing delivery against objectives and individual staff performance
* Hold regular performance review meetings with team members and deal with HR staff issues in a professional, timely manner
* Ensure each team has an updated training schedule and that sufficient resource is provided to deliver training
* Facilitate and attend documented regular team meetings
* Manage complaints in accordance with group policy
* 2 years managerial experience
* Ability to apply core disciplines such as leadership, motivation, capacity planning, prioritisation and planning
* Able to deliver through teams and the associated delegation to individuals to achieve objective
* Ability to build teams, recruit, develop and motivate individuals by providing constructive feedback to enhance the skills of team members
* High level of accuracy, attention to detail and quality management
* Identifies errors and suggest options to correct them
* Pre-empts future issues and understands associated risks
* Demonstrate an attitude of 'get it right first time' for all customer outputs
* Can create complex letters and e-mail communications in adherence to quality management
Due to the nature of the work you will need to undergo an Enhanced DBS check and financial checks.
This is a temporary contract for up to 6 months with the potential to extend.
If you're interested to hear more, please click the apply button now!