Agency Enhanced DBS Chefs/Cooks for Schools, & Care homes x10
Contract type: Temporary
Hourly rate £11p/h to £15.50p/h dependant on experience, job role covered and shift patterns
Location: Stoke, Newcastle Under Lyme & North Staffordshire
Temporary - Full time and Part time positions available.
Part time - this would be suitable for flexible and casual work to fit around your current needs and commitments.
Full time- this would be suitable for anyone looking for full time work with the option of flexible work too.
We are currently looking to recruit several Enhanced DBS Chefs and Cooks to work within Schools, Academies, Prisons and Care homes. We are looking to add to already fantastic pool of DBS chefs. You will be required to help and support with any sickness, short term and long term, also to support with the increase demand. We are already experiencing an increase demand for bookings as restrictions start to ease.
Do you have a valid DBS on the updated service dated within the last 12 months to work with vulnerable adults & children? Even if you don't have a DBS but looking for flexible work and you are an experienced Chef, then we want to hear from you.
This role can offer flexibility of shifts, mixture of both days, evenings and occasional weekends along with great pay rates. Majority of the clients locations are close to public transport links, which makes it easier to get to and from work. The more flexible you are with travelling and the role you cover the more shifts and work we can offer. The ideal candidate will be working with fresh nutritious food adhering to dietary requirements.
* Great pay rates
* Weekly pay - paid for every hour worked
* Dedicated consultant
* Flexibility in your working environment
* Flexibility in your working days and time
* Company pension scheme
* Even though a lot of your roles will be on a temporary basis, these can quite easily lead to permanent work for the right candidates.
Requirements and skills:
* Previous experience as a chef
* Flexibility in shift patterns including weekends
* Great communication and team work skills
* Level 2 food hygiene certificate (ideal but not essential as training is provided)
* Level 2 Health and Safety Certificate (ideal but not essential as training is provided)
* Passion for food
* Ability to work under pressure
* Due to certain locations a full UK driving license is required along with own access to a vehicle
* An in date Enhanced DBS DATED WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS ideally on the new updated service programme. (we do have the Facilities to put you through one at a cost)
You can choose your working rota each week, but dependant on what you choose to work the working hours will vary from site to site and may result in less work due to your flexibility.
The working environment
Due to the various different types of site we cover your working environment will change from site to site. We will look to place you in the most comfortable environments for you. We currently do supply to contract catering sites, Hotels, Restaurants, pubs, cafes, Prisons, schools, academies, nurseries, and care homes, I am sure we have something to fit your experience and needs.
* Work within a team to ensure jobs are completed for the day
* Putting away deliveries.
* Possibility of food orders, dependant on the role you are placed into i.e head chef/chef manager.
* Assist with the preparation of food & other areas of the kitchen including pot washing.
* Adhering to all relevant health and safety requirements
* Cooking nutritious food within requirements
* Ensure a clean as you go policy is being operated at all times
* Possibility of serving food
* Possibility of till operation
As we cover a large number of locations across Staffordshire, Stoke on Trent your commute will vary. If you have a car and are flexible with locations, great. If you're limited to public transport, we'll only send you to places that have public transport links and provide you with all the information you will need to get there.
So if you think this is just what you're looking for then CLICK APPLY TODAY, and start our online registration process to book your own interview slot.