Position: Assistant Head of Catering
Location: Dewsbury, West Yorkshire
Salary: up to £16,819 + amazing company benefits!
Hours: Term time Only - Monday to Friday - 07:00am to 14:00pm
- Are you an experienced catering manager or general assistant seeking the next step in your career? ✔️
- Are you looking to join a professional team working in a fantastic, fresh food kitchen? ✔️
- Are you looking for a work life balance? ✔️
- Work with a fun team? ✔️
- Have opportunities to progress? ✔️
- I could go on! .....Then this role may be for you...
As Assistant Head of Catering, you will help to ensure that a high quality, customer focused catering service is delivered to all the pupils/stakeholders within the Academy. You will be part of a large team providing fantastic fresh food and drink on offer for the students and staff.
The role requires someone who can work flexibly with the Head of Catering to ensure smooth service delivery and high standards of food safety and health and safety are maintained at all times. Appropriate uniform must be worn (provided) along with the maintenance of a high standard of personal hygiene. You will have NVQ qualifications in Catering/Food hygiene certificates together with the ability to communicate effectively to encourage good relationships with pupils and colleagues.
You will be responsible for assisting in the following areas:
- Preparation and presentation of food to high specification.
- Ensuring that food is prepared in accordance with hygiene procedures, e.g., temperatures are recorded, samples are taken, and foodstuffs are stored safely and hygienically.
- Ensuring sufficient food supplies throughout the service period.
- Ensuring all staff hygiene, health & safety regulations are adapted.
- To have a good understanding of allergens
- Assisting in the preparation of menus.
- Assisting with supervising all staff duties as required by the shift.
- Competitive Salary - Up to £16,819 P/A
- Excellent company pension scheme and life assurance
- Paid Overtime
- Half term, Easter & Christmas Holidays off
- Cycle to work scheme
- Reduced Bus Pass rate
- Staff loyalty discount card
- Complimentary meals on duty
Our school is committed to the safeguarding of children. This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service Check.
you are interested and would like to find out more about this role, please call Rob Jones at Newbury Blue Arrow T: 02039 603 650 // or apply online
You must be eligible to live and work in the UK at the time of application
Blue Arrow Catering and Hospitality currently has an extensive range of catering roles; temporary, interim and permanent. See our website or get in touch for more details.