6 x Cook/Chefs - Live In available. Cumbria - Holiday Park. Immediate Starts Contracts till September. £10.50 - £14.00 per hour.
If you're a confident Commis Chef who is ready to step up to the challenge of Chef de Partie then we want to hear from you. With a good knowledge of basic food preparation, and experience of cooking dishes to order during service, you'll be ready for more responsibility and to take charge of your own section.
Or if you've learnt as much as you can in your current Chef De Partie, or station/line cook role, and it's time for a new challenge then apply with us today.
If you're looking to make the most of your organisational skills as a chef, then you'll love being part of our hard-working, well-oiled team of chefs. It's usually busy so your forward-thinking preparation, ability to prioritise tasks and think on your feet will serve you well in this role.
Roles & Responsibilities
A Chef de Partie runs a specific section in a kitchen, and usually reports to the Sous Chef and Head Chef. As Chef de Partie you will have:
- Knowledge and ability to independently and effectively run your section, for example; meat, fish, vegetables, pastry, butchery, sauces, grill, starches, starters, fry, pantry and roast
- Ability to work without close supervision and deliver quality work
- Strong ability to produce good quality food and first rate culinary skills
- A flair, passion and a love of ingredients
- Strong organisational skills
- An ability to work unsupervised and consistently deliver quality work
- Experience of a variety of kitchen environments and cuisines
- Good oral communication with all members of the team
As Chef de Partie you will be/have:
- Strong attention to detail
- Enthusiasm and willingness to develop your own skills and knowledge, plus those around you
- Flexible and have a willingness to embrace new ideas and processes
- Good team management skills
- Team player qualities and the ability to work well with staff at all levels in the kitchen
- Positive and approachable manner
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced kitchen
- A cool/calm/level head when under pressure and during a busy service
- Level 1 and 2 Food Safety Awards
- Minimum 1 year's relevant experience
- Awareness of manual handling techniques
- Experience of kitchen equipment including different knives
- Understandable level of English spoken and written
- Any health and safety and food hygiene courses
Weejkly Pay, Holiday Pay. Live in available
So if you're ready for an exciting new challenge then apply for the role of Chef De Partie today