Blue Arrow Brentwood are currently recruiting for either Class 1 or Class 2 drivers based in and around the Chelmsford area. They will be working...
You're an accomplished and precise LGV Driver who is not easily flustered by things like day-to-day road obstacles, traffic conditions or inclement weather. With a good amount of driving experience under your belt, you've got an in depth knowledge of how best to deal with whatever cargo comes your way. Whether it's safely transporting fresh fruits, vegetables or flowers, frozen items or hazardous goods or bulk liquids, you'll know how best to get it safely from A to B.
For this role you wil be using a grab operator and also a hook lorry loader so you will be trained and have experience using both.
At Blue Arrow, we are looking for reliable and proficient LGV C+E Drivers to navigate from Livingston to Edinburgh. If you're looking for a new LGV C+E Driver position that gives you routine schedules and hours of work each week, then we have the perfect opportunity for you. We are looking for drivers for both dayshift and nightshift positions.
You will be:
- Positive and open-minded attitude with a wide range of people you'll come in to contact with while representing the company
- You will be comfortable with building a rapport with clients and customers
- Proactive and comfortable using own initiative
- Diligent in ensuring driver and vehicle checks are completed correctly
- Sound organisational skills, particularly for route planning, ensuring that you take the safest route, also taking into account what would be more cost effective for the company
- Comfortable to work by yourself for much of the shift
- A calm, confident and patient driver
- A problem solver and level-headed; able to act on unpredictable events or problems safely and appropriately if they arise
- Highly focused with excellent concentration skills, this is important to avoid road accidents and ensure you're on the correct route
- Flexible in your approach to work; to work early or late shifts and long distances nationally and/or internationally
- Approachable, able to work alongside managers, other drivers, clients and customers
- Highly professional in all situations, as you interface between your haulage company and your clients
In this role you will:
- Load and secure your vehicle using grab operator or hook lorry loader.
- Check routes for safety restrictions, planned road works and traffic to ensure your journey will be smooth and efficient
- Complete paperwork, including the jobs you complete, problems occurred and vehicle maintenance to do or already undertaken
- You might also work with other drivers on longer routes or more complex jobs
- Category C+E driving licence
- Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) card issued in the UK, and you must take your 35 hours of driver CPC training every five years to stay qualified.
- Grab operator ticket
- Preferably 2 years' experience of driving Articulated Vehicles
- Previous experience in the construction industry.
So, if you've got the skills we're looking for at Blue Arrow, then don't hesitate to send us your application today or call Deborah on 01506 412229.