Position: Jnr Sous chef
Establishment: Prestigious Independent School
Type: Contract Catering
Salary: £30,000.00 P/A
Hours: 40 hours per week - Monday to Friday (7am to 3pm)
Term Time Working (46 weeks of the year)
One of Newbury's leading co-educational independent schools are looking for a Catering Manager join their team. The school prides itself on its outstanding academic, pastoral and co-curricular outcomes. The school caters for children from ages 4-18 year olds.
This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic, quality focused catering manager to work with a leading independent school to develop their culinary career in a fantastic environment and with access to fantastic facilities.
- Effectively manage the team to ensure that exemplary services are provided at the school.
- Manage resources and promote an ethos of teamwork and to instil a culture of continuous improvement.
- To be responsible for the service at the school leading a management team to ensure delivering against Key Performance Indicators.
- Act as the primary representative of the contract catering company within the contract by the effective management of all Managers to ensure the delivery of both qualitative and quantitative results
- Foster long term profitable relationships with the schools to maintain existing business and identify new business opportunities by delivering operational excellence
- Provide direction and expertise to the operating teams by promoting Sodexo strategies and best business practices in order to uphold the Company mission and values
- Motivate and lead a high performing team to achieve their objectives
- Manage all aspects of service planning and execution of functions and potential lets / commercial events
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven track record in Contract catering management role
- Experienced business manager who has operated in a multi-disciplined environment
- Strong level of literacy, numeracy and IT literacy
- Experience of managing an overall budget with diverse functional components
- Highly effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Clear and effective leadership style
- Ability to analyse problems analytically, develop opportunities and implement innovative solutions/approaches
- Strong ability to increase individual effectiveness through leadership, motivation, communication, coaching and training
- High level of self-motivation
- Strong ability to build professional partnerships and communicate at all levels, particularly at senior client levels
- Ability to set high standards, achievable through striving for continuous improvement
- Ability to act on own initiative
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Flexible approach to role
If you are interested in this role then please apply directly to this advert or please call Rob Jones at Blue Arrow Newbury on 02039 603 650 or contact via email by