At Blue Arrow we are looking to recruit a HGV Class 1 driver for our prestigious client based in the North Yorkshire area.This role is...
Intro's <select the intro you want to work with and delete unwanted intro's>
You're an accomplished and precise LGV Driver who is not easily flustered by things like day-to-day road obstacles, traffic conditions or inclement weather. With a good amount of driving experience under your belt, you've got an in depth knowledge of how best to deal with whatever cargo comes your way. Whether it's safely transporting fresh fruits, vegetables or flowers, frozen items or hazardous goods or bulk liquids, you'll know how best to get it safely from A to B.
Point to Point Trunking
We are looking for a proficient LGV C+E Driver who enjoys driving and transporting goods long-haul to new places, while ensuring the load(s) smoothly gets from A to B. With lots of opportunities to work on new, long-haul routes spanning across the UK and further afield, we'll be sure to keep your driving interesting. As well as exploring, you'll join our great team of Drivers, and of course meet fellow professionals when you're out on the road.
General skills and personal traits
You will be:
- Positive and open-minded attitude with a wide range of people you'll come in to contact with while representing the company
- You will be comfortable with building a rapport with clients and customers
- Proactive and comfortable using own initiative
- Diligent in ensuring driver and vehicle checks are completed correctly
- Sound organisational skills, particularly for route planning, ensuring that you take the safest route, also taking into account what would be more cost effective for the company
- Comfortable to work by yourself for much of the shift
- A calm, confident and patient driver
- A problem solver and level-headed; able to act on unpredictable events or problems safely and appropriately if they arise
- Highly focused with excellent concentration skills, this is important to avoid road accidents and ensure you're on the correct route
- Flexible in your approach to work; to work early or late shifts and long distances nationally and/or internationally
- Approachable, able to work alongside managers, other drivers, clients and customers
- Highly professional in all situations, as you interface between your haulage company and your clients
In this role you will:
- Load and secure your vehicle with goods
- Transport goods from supplier to customer or client
- Check routes for safety restrictions, planned road works and traffic to ensure your journey will be smooth and efficient
- Complete paperwork, including the jobs you complete, problems occurred and vehicle maintenance to do or already undertaken
- You may liaise with customers about delivery times
- You might also work with other drivers on longer routes or more complex jobs
To work in the UK, licence issued in the UK:
- Category C+E driving licence
- Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) card issued in the UK, and you must take your 35 hours of driver CPC training every five years to stay qualified
- Preferably 2 years' experience of driving Articulated Vehicles
So, if you've got the skills we're looking for, then don't hesitate to send us your application today.