Blue Arrow are proud to be working with a based client who are looking to recruit a Graduate / Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join their team for their site in Draycott, Derbyshire.
Please note the client is ideally looking for applicants who have a 1-2 years post Graduate work experience within quantity surveying and also previous employment within a consultancy.
Our client is a consultancy service who specialise Architectural design, quantity surveying, contract administration/Project management and principal designer services. They specialise in high care hygienic facilities and therefore most of their work is within the food & drink and healthcare sectors throughout the UK.
As their projects covers the whole of the UK, (and occasionally Europe) travel to their sites/projects is required. Therefore a driver's licence will be required for this role.
Salary: £25,000 - £35,000 (depending on experience)
About the Role
The role will to be assist the senior Quantity Surveyor in the business on construction projects, with the aim to quickly to progress to running project independently. They are ideally looking for a post-Graduate / Assistant QS with a few year's experience since University having studied an Undergraduate QS degree. Please note students have only done a Master's degree in Quantity Surveying would not be suitable unfortunately.
Duties will include:
- Cost control, planning, forecasting and estimation
- Valuations - including value engineering and management
- Cost benefit analysis
- Writing reports and preparing documents (plans, contracts, budgets etc.)
- Risk analysis evaluations
- Managing project funding sources and submitting bids
- Previous experience as an assistant quantity surveyor or a recent Graduate who has studied in QS (Undergraduate degree only) is essential
- Previous experience within a consultancy is also essential
- Excellent people and customer service skills
- Strong listening skills and communication techniques
- Ability to work both independently and as part of team
- Excellent use of initiative
- Reliable, organised and flexible
- Be able to work to tight deadlines, and work well under pressure
- Good at problem solving
If you have a car and are flexible with travel great! If you're limited to public transport, there are bus routes available. Our Client is located in Draycott, Derbyshire.
The Next Stage
If you are interested in the above role, and feel you can meet the above requirements - we would love to hear from you as soon as possible. We please ask all applications are made via the click apply button, and we will aim to process your application as quickly and as efficiently as possible.