Position: Sous Chef
Location: Oxford, Oxfordshire
Establishment: High End Gastro Pub
Salary: Up to £30,000 P/A
Hours/Shifts: 5/7 days 40 Hours per week
Are you looking for your next step in your kitchen Career?
Want to work with fresh food? ✔️
Want to work with a friendly team? ✔️
Have opportunities to progress? ✔️
I could go on! ....Then this role may be for you...
You will be part of a team providing fantastic fresh, fine dining comfort food for this beautiful gastro pub, based near Oxford, Oxfordshire.
The menu at this popular dining pub is heavily based on seasonality and aims to adhere to this principal in everything that it produces. Alongside the main menu there are also specials which change daily so lots of scope to learn and see many different dishes and cooking styles.
The ideal candidate would have experience as a Sous Chef or Head Chef, with a volume and current British background. So, experience is essential in British cuisine and the ability to deal with 200-300 covers a day, keeping a positive attitude, attention to detail and a passion for British food.
The main responsibilities/requirements for the role will be (but not limited to):
- Be enthusiastic, motivated and a great team player
- Be able to demonstrate strong leadership and organisational skills, have a 'can-do' attitude and positive outlook with excellent communication skills
- Deliver exceptional standards, drive sales, ensure quality and have a real passion for food
- Assist the head chef across all sections to ensure the smooth day-to-day running of the kitchen, taking ownership during their absence
- Provide mentoring and training to the junior members of the team
- Work closely with the front of house team to ensure the highest standards of service are always delivered
- Assist with menu planning and costings, working to agreed GP's and minimising wastage
- Always work within agreed Health and Safety and Food Safety requirements (SHEILD)
- The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years' previous hotel/restaurant/gastro pub Sous Chef experience and will have a genuine passion for food and driving the team forward.
What's in it for you?....
- Salary: Up to £30,000
- Excellent training and development
- Rewards & recognitions
- Meals provided on shift
- Full uniform provided
- Straight shifts
If you are interested in this role then please apply directly to this advert or please call Rob Jones at Blue Arrow Newbury on 01635 34949.