Position: Breakfast Chef
Sector: Luxury Hotel - Fine dinning
Salary: Up to £26,000 + Tips
Type: Permanent, 45 hours per week
- Are you looking for your next step in your kitchen Career?
- Want to work with fresh food? ✔️
- Want to work with a friendly team? ✔️
- Have opportunities to progress? ✔️
- I could go on! .....Then this role may be for you...
My client is on the lookout for an enthusiastic Breakfast chef who share the Hotel passion for all thing's hospitality. As a Breakfast Chef, you will be responsible for ensuring that breakfast and the buffet are prepared and presented to a high quality to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience.
Job Role & Responsibility:
- Ensure breakfast, the buffet, and lunch service and/or any other meal periods are prepared and presented to a high quality and within company guidelines
- Supervise staff if required
- Keep all working areas clean and tidy and ensure no cross contamination
- Prepare all miss-en-place for breakfast buffet and/or any other meal periods
- Assist in positive outcomes from guest queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Ensure food stuffs are of a good quality and stored correctly
- Contribute to controlling costs, improving gross profit margins, and other departmental and financial targets
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships
- Report maintenance, hygiene, and hazard issues
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety and food safety legislation
- Be environmentally aware
The Ideal Candidate
- Current experience of working as a Breakfast Chef within a 4* quality hotel would be ideal.
- You should be able to work in a flexible and motivated manner.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills, with an eye for detail and the ability to use your own initiative is essential for this role.
- You must have a positive, can do attitude and must be reliable.
- We are looking for someone with great communication skills and the ability to build strong and effective working relationships, creating a rapport with guests and colleagues.
- You must be enthusiastic, flexible, and willing to learn with a professional, prompt and caring attitude.
- The ideal candidate also enjoys working within a fast-paced environment and is competent in multi-tasking and responding to business needs.
- Competitive Salary - Up to £26,000 + service charge
- 38 days holiday
- Excellent company pension scheme and life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Reduced Bus Pass rate
- Staff loyalty discount card
- Complimentary meals on duty
If you are interested and would like to find out more about this role, please call Rob Jones at Newbury Blue Arrow T: 02039 603 650 // or apply online
You must be eligible to live and work in the UK at the time of application
Blue Arrow Catering and Hospitality currently has an extensive range of catering roles; temporary, interim and permanent. See our website or get in touch for more details.