Position: Head Chef
Establishment: Gastro Pub
Location: Hungerford, Berkshire
Salary: £30,000 + Share of Tips (£3,000 to £4,000) + Bonus on revenue earned (£5,000+)
Type: Permanent, 45 hours per week - 4 Day Week (Wed, Thur, Fri, Sat)
- Are you looking for your next step in your kitchen Career? ✔️
- Want to work with fresh food? ✔️
- You share a real passion of Organic, sustanable Quality food? ✔️
- Want to work with a friendly team? ✔️
- Have opportunities to progress? ✔️
- Share of revenue bonus? ✔️
- I could go on! .....Then this role may be for you...
My client is recruiting for a Head Chef for a recently refurbished venue & kitchen, making it one of Berkshire finest country gastro pub. Working in an established privately owned gastro pub in Hungerford with a team all about producing FRESH, ORGANIC, SUNSTABLE, QUALITY & TASTY pub food.
The successful Head Chef will be able to drive a brigade of 4 chefs to achieve existing high standards, have a good understanding of back of house systems and responsible for ordering, stock control, achieving gross profit targets, roster preparation and health & safety control. Experience of working in a similar background would be an advantage.
As an award winning restaurant, my client believe that investment in each and every one of their staff members is key to the success of their business and happiness of their customers.
Main Duties and Responsibilities as a Head Chef:
- Control and direct the food preparation process
- Help Construct menus, with new or existing culinary creations ensuring the variety and quality of the servings
- Plan orders of equipment or ingredients according to identified shortages
- Building strong relationships with suppliers ensuring quality ingredients sourced at competitive prices
- Controlling of stock to limit wastage, maintain and seek to improve GP%
- Monthly stock count with prompt reporting of figures to finance
- Notify faulty equipment to owners
- co-ordinate and assist with access to facilities for repairs when necessary
- Be involved in recruiting for your kitchen
- Organise weekly rotas, ensuring holidays planned efficiently
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Work closely with owners, and front of House teams for normal service and event catering
What You Need to Be a Successful Head Chef
- Proven experience as a Chef in delivering exceptional dishes in a time pressured environment, taking responsibility for the quality of each and every dish served.
- Wedding and event experience are a must
- Exceptional proven ability of kitchen management
- A can-do attitude
- Ability in dividing responsibilities and monitoring progress
- Be able to priorities task and have good time management
- Up-to-date with culinary trends and optimised kitchen processes
- A confident, self-motivated, driven and professional person
- Excellent management skills and financial understanding
- Outstanding communication and leadership skills
- Credentials in health and safety training
- Culinary science related certificates
What is in it for you...?
- Competitive Salary
- Share of trunk - works out to be an extra £4,000 to £5,000 a year
- Yearly Bonus depending on Revenue earned
- 4 Day working week
- Meals whilst on duty
If you are interested and would like to find out more about this role, please call Rob Jones at Newbury Blue Arrow T: 01635 34949 or apply online, or get in contact with
You must be eligible to live and work in the UK at the time of application
Blue Arrow Catering and Hospitality currently has an extensive range of catering roles; temporary, interim and permanent. See our website or get in touch for more details.