Blue Arrow Derby are proud to be working in partnership with several different clients in the Ilkeston area. We are searching for Cleaners & Kitchen Assistants due to busy periods on both an ad hoc and long-term basis. We may also have positions in surrounding areas such as Ripley & Alfreton.
Please note these roles are within schools where you would need to have an enhanced DBS check (that covers child or both child & adult workforce) issued within the last 12 months or registered as part of the update service.
Pay Rate - £8.91p/h - £9.00 p/h
Hours: Monday - Friday mixture early morning and afternoon shifts
* You will be required to work either early morning shifts from 7am till 9am and We also have afternoon shifts between 2pm till 6pm school dependent
* Hours can vary and shifts are usually between 2-4 hours long but you will be paid for a minimum of 4 hours.
* The more flexible you are on the hours of work you can do, and type of work the more we can offer (i.e. both catering and cleaning).
* Ensure and maintain a high standard of cleanliness.
* Sweeping mopping and vacuuming of all areas within the place of work
* Refill supplies i.e. toilet rolls etc.
* Constant cleaning of touch points within the workplace, door handles seats etc.
* Happy to conduct cleaning of all areas in the hospital i.e. toilets, canteens, offices.
* Cleaning equipment and PPE is provided.
* Pot washing and clearing up post job
* General food preparation and serving food and drinks
* Operating tills
* Clearing tables
* Filling away deliveries
* Delivering excellent customer service
The ideal candidate:
* Previous experience within catering / hospitality /cleaning is ideal but not essential
* Previous customer service experience
* Hardworking and reliable
* Ability to adapt quickly to change of workload
* Excellent organisational and time management skills with evidence of working to tight time scales
* Ability to use initiative and be pro-active when dealing with a range of issues and problems
* Excellent communication skills
Why should you apply?
* This is a fantastic opportunity to work within a vary of great clients supporting them during very busy periods, and helping to make a difference in supporting them in operating a safe, clean, work environment due to the current Covid-19 Pandemic.
* This would suit individual's looking for either temporary or immediate short time or long-time work, but also where longer term opportunities may also be available.
Please Note: for any catering roles you will be required to complete a food hygiene & allergens certificate to be able to work in these roles.
If you already have a Level 1 or 2 certificate within this great! If not don't worry we can put you through this training (free of charge).
It takes roughly 20 minutes to complete level 1 and this can be done in the comfort of your own home, but you will need access to a computer or laptop.
* Based in Ilkeston this location would suit anybody living in Ilkeston or the surrounding areas, with access to your own transport.
* If you're limited to public transport, we'll only send you to places that have public transport links and provide you with all the information you will need to get there.
* The more flexible you are the more work and shifts we will be able to offer.
The Next Stage
* If you are interested in the above role and feel you can meet the above requirements - we would love to hear from you as soon as possible.
* We please ask all applications are made via the click apply button, and we will aim to process your application as quickly and as efficiently as possible.