Position: Sous Chef
Location: Swindon, SN5
Salary: £28,000 to £30,000 P/A
Type: Permanent, Straight shifts
Hours/Shifts: 40 Hours per week with roles consisting of flexible shifts throughout the week. The number and length of shifts being determined by the demands of the business. Hours and days will be flexible to meet the needs of the business and includes bank holidays.
My client is recruiting for a Sous Chef for a recently refurbished venue & kitchen, making it one of Wiltshire finest country wedding venues. This sole wedding venue can cater for up to 150 guests and as the head chef you would be in charge of all aspects of this exciting new venue.
The successful Sous Chef will be able to help drive a brigade of 4 chefs to achieve existing high standards, have a good understanding of back of house systems and responsible for ordering, stock control, achieving gross profit targets, roster preparation and health & safety control. Experience of working in a similar background or high-volume restaurant would be an advantage.
Main Duties and Responsibilities as a Sous Chef:
- Control and direct the food preparation process
- Construct menus, alongside the Bride & Grooms, with new or existing culinary creations ensuring the variety and quality of the servings
- Menu Tasting with Bride & Groom
- Plan orders of equipment or ingredients according to identified shortages
- Building strong relationships with suppliers ensuring quality ingredients sourced at competitive prices
- Controlling of stock to limit wastage, maintain and seek to improve GP%
- Monthly stock count with prompt reporting of figures to finance
- Notify faulty equipment to GM / Exec Group Chef, co-ordinate and assist with access to facilities for repairs when necessary
- Be involved in recruiting for your kitchen
- Organise weekly rotas, ensuring holidays planned efficiently
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Work closely with Exec Group Chef, Catering Manager, Assistant Manager and Front of House teams for normal service and event catering
What You Need to Be a Successful Sous Chef
- Proven experience as a Head Chef in delivering exceptional dishes in a time pressured environment, taking responsibility for the quality of each and every dish served.
- Wedding and event experience are a must
- Exceptional proven ability of kitchen management
- A can-do attitude
- Ability in dividing responsibilities and monitoring progress
- Be able to priorities task and have good time management
- Up-to-date with culinary trends and optimised kitchen processes
- A confident, self-motivated, driven and professional person
- Excellent management skills and financial understanding
- Outstanding communication and leadership skills
- Credentials in health and safety training
- Culinary science related certificates
If you are interested in this role or other opportunities available with Blue Arrow please send thorough a CV or call 01635 34949. We are always looking for passionate and professional individuals across all catering categories, front and back of house. For a full list of vacancies please send an email to the above address
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.