Position: Waste Management Officer Location: Armagh City, Banbridge and Craigavon BoroughPay Rate weekly: £16.24Working hours between 09:00 17.30 Duration: 3 month contract Cover for secondment...
Position: Seasonal Tourism Enforcement Officer
Location: Newry, Mourne and Down
Pay Rate hourly: £11.50
Working hours between 07:00 - 21:00
Duration: Short Term contract for 2 months, but this may be extended
1. A current driving licence and access to a car, or have access to appropriate means of travel to various locations.
2. Ability to manage own work without close supervision including frequent lone working in all weathers
3. Ability to prepare & present reports and information clearly and confidently
4. Flexible, Able To Work Unsociable Hours, Including Weekends And Bank Holidays
5. Happy to work outdoors in all seasons
The post holder will be responsible for providing advice and guidance to the public to promote
and encourage responsible tourism, and for the effective and efficient fulfilment of the Clients
statutory duties with regard to the enforcement of all relevant legislation.
Duties will include encouraging safe and orderly usage of tourism sites, to prevent unauthorised
activities, to promote responsible parking, and the provision of information to the public on
responsible use of the countryside, including the reduction of littering.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Carry out duties in compliance with the Health and Safety at Work Order 1978 (as
Amended); Acts of Parliament; Statutory Instruments and Regulations and other legal
Requirements; and all Policies and Procedures including Dignity at Work, Health and
Safety, Attendance and all relevant Codes of Conduct.
2. Undertake the duties in such a way as to enhance and promote the positive reputation of
Newry, Mourne and Down District .
3. Lead by example by behaving at all times in accordance with values and
Promote the same within the organisation and externally.
4. Undertake all aspects of work respecting confidentiality and ensure that personal and/or
Sensitive information under the control or access of the post holder is used, stored and
Maintained in accordance with relevant data protection legislation.
Contribute to Corporate, Departmental and Regional working groups as required.
When required, assist in the execution of Emergency and Business Continuity
Promote diversity across the organisation and in the Department by adhering to Equal Opportunity policies and procedures and avoiding all forms of discrimination
Both as an employer and a service provider.
2 years relevant experience of dealing with the public
A broad knowledge of the range of tools and powers available to prevent or tackle anti-social behaviour
Ability to clearly explain legislation, guidance and enforcement procedures within area of expertise to a range of people