A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Lead Cook to join a garden centre near Cirencester catering for Breakfast and Lunch, 7 days per week.
Location: Nr Cirencester
Hourly Rate: £10.00 P/H + amazing company benefits
Hours: 37.5 hours per week - Alternative Weekends off - no late shifts
As a Cook, you will support the Lead Cook in the delivery of quality of meals prepared using fresh ingredients to create home-made dishes including breakfast, lunch, daily specials and afternoon teas. You will support the Lead Cook in managing the company deliveries within the kitchen. This is a really exciting opportunity to be part of a high performing team.
- Using fresh ingredients to create home-made quality food in line with company menus and recipes, delivering exceptional quality and excellent presentation
- Support in controlling the food orders, deliveries storage and stock control to required health and hygiene regulations.
- Monitor and manage food wastage to maximise profitability
- Maintain, monitor and manage hygienic working practices and kitchen areas
- Planning and effectively using time to ensure all food is prepared and served at the correct times
- Support in the managing and controlling inventory stock counting / inventory accuracy checks
- Ensuring efficient utilisation of kitchen space ensuring stock is stored efficiently
- Maintaining standards of health and safety, hygiene and security in the department, ensuring the compliance for Health and Safety policy.
What We Are Looking For In Our Cook
- Minimum of 2 years working as a cook and qualified to NVQ level 2 in Food Preparations/Professional Cookery or equivalent
- Knowledgeable in maintaining and monitoring Health and Safety in department
- Excellent standards of health and hygiene
- Excellent communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and quality
- Demonstrate a professional, enthusiastic and flexible approach
- Able to promote excellent team work to achieve exceptional customer experience
- Able to be responsive to challenges and demonstrate a 'can do' approach
- Able to work with energy, pace and passion
- Efficient organisational and prioritisation skills.
Benefits Of Becoming Our Cook
- Competitive salary - £10 P/H
- Straight shifts/alternate weekend working
- 31 days annual leave
- Free Parking
- Free membership to the garden centre group
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme
- 20% staff discount
- 50% discount in the Garden Centre Restaurant whilst working
If you are interested and would like to find out more about this role, please call Rob Jones at Newbury Blue Arrow T: 01635 34949 or apply online