Position: Parks Operative with Driving DutiesLocation: Falls ParkPay Rate weekly: £10.41Working hours between 08:00 16:30Job Role To maintain the orderly condition of all locations, that...
Position: Cleaning operative with driving duties
Location: Lisburn and Castlereagh
Pay Rate weekly: £10.41
Working hours between 09:00 - 17:30
Duration: Fixed Term contract for 5 months, but this may be extended
1. Hold a full current driving C license (up to 26 tonnes)
2. Hold a Driver CPC.
As a member of the Operational Services Team the post holder will be required to:
Provider of an effective and efficient refuse collection & street cleansing and Civic amenity service throughout the assigned catchment area.
If required to undertake the role and associated key duties of the post of driver, the post holder will also be responsible for the vehicle and its passengers in compliance with all policies, statutory regulations and Health and Safety requirements.
The post holder will assume other delegated duties appropriate to the post reasonably assigned by management.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Carry out a full range of duties within the general cleansing service to include litter picking, manual sweeping and collection, removal and disposal of litter/dirt/leaves etc. from public places such as roads, pavements and open spaces.
2. Carry out a full range of duties within the general refuse collection service to include collection / removal of household and commercial waste, bulky amenity collections, removal of illegal / indiscriminate dumping waste and collection / disposal of dead and fallen animals. Ensure all duties/day's tasks are carried out according to schedules and at appropriate times.
3. Assist with completing all necessary paperwork in the correct format and on the correct forms. Notify Cleansing Supervisor of any changes to work load and reasons for same.
4. Comply with all policies and statutory regulations including all requirements under Health, Safety and Welfare at work legislation and all current road traffic regulations (this will include use of personal protection equipment, clothing and company mobile phones).
5. Provide a high level of Customer care at all times and provide customers with relevant information as required.
6. Undertake any training identified as necessary to meet the requirements of the post including first aid training if required. Job holders are reasonably expected to attend briefings/meetings relevant to their role and work practices as an inherent part of their core responsibility.
7. Carry out a range of driving duties appropriate to the license held, to include refuse collection vehicles, street cleansing vehicles and general commercial vehicles as required. Required to carry out general duties within the general cleansing service and refuse collection service to meet the service needs as required plus any other related duties as directed by the Cleansing Supervisor.
8. When undertaking driving duties be responsible for vehicles and passengers in accordance with the Driver's Handbook and be responsible for completion of all relevant checks and paperwork. Responsible for the supervision of up to five cleansing operatives on a daily basis to ensure the completion of daily tasks/works as directed.
9. Be the first point of contact for the crew, liaising with supervisors and relaying instructions to other members of the crew, as directed.
It is essential that applicants have a minimum of:
2 years' experience of driving a large vehicle e.g.3.5 - 26 tonnes.
Previous employment experience of keeping official records
Previous employment experience in Waste Collection/ Street Cleansing or a relevant related field.
1 year team leader experience in a similar role
Knowledge of waste reception, removal, storage and sorting.
Knowledge of health and safety guidelines.
knowledge and understanding of route plans and maps and the ability to undertake basis calculations
These competencies are the top 6 competencies the Local Government Competency Framework which have been identified and prioritised for effective performance in this role.
Hold a full current driving C license (up to 26 tonnes)
Hold a Driver CPC.