My client is currently recruiting a shift supervisor to work within a busy transport department, this is a three-month contract that they are looking to...
Position: Payroll Supervisor
Location: Armagh City, Banbridge and Craigavon Borough
Pay Rate weekly: £14.37
Working hours between 09:00 - 15:00
Duration: Fixed Term contract for 6 months (maternity cover), may be extended
* The ideal candidate will be responsible for:
* Ensuring the proper, accurate and timely delivery of a comprehensive and confidential
* Payroll service, meeting strict deadlines.
* The efficient supervision of the Payroll Assistants and management and control of policy and procedures in relation to salaries and wages.
* Assisting the Payroll Manager in ensuring that meets its obligations in relation to the payment of HMRC and other third party deductions.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Responsible for the day-to-day supervision of Payroll Assistants within the Payroll team.
* Supervise and assist with the calculation of payrolls including overtime, bonuses, acting up allowances etc. Ensure that all pay elements are appropriately coded and that deductions are properly calculated.
* Responsible for the timely processing of payroll timesheets and claims within specified timeframes in accordance with procedures and bring, to the Payroll Manager's attention, problems and difficulties arising from the late submission of timesheets and or errors and inconsistencies.
* Responsible for the maintenance of a range of records including superannuation, SSP, SMP, SPP and other payments/deductions in accordance with statutory regulations.
* Liaise with the Human Resources Department and managers, as required, in relation to payroll queries.
* Assist with the development of in-house payroll computerised systems and spreadsheets used for providing pension data.
* Undertake any other relevant duties that may be required and are commensurate with the nature and grade of the post.
* 5 GCSEs Grades (A-C) or
* Equivalent/comparable including English Language and Maths.
* Relevant experience working in a payroll environment within a large public sector or private organisation to include three years' experience in all of the following:-
* Monthly and year-end closedowns;
* Provision of management reports;
* Provision of advice and guidance;
* Detailed use of a computerised payroll system.
* Awareness of the technical aspects of payroll administration, best practice and Legislation;
* Awareness of performance improvement and an ability to analyse information and
* identify areas for improvement;
* Well-developed customer service skills;
* Ability to work as part of a team;
* Ability to build relationships with officers at all levels;
* Ability to deal with and resolve issues using personal and professional judgement;
* High degree of self-motivation and initiative;
* Competent in the use of Microsoft Office packages.