Blue Arrow are recruiting on behalf of a leading facilities management company for one of Derbyshires largest public buildings.
This is a permanent role, to join a current team of five, who all report in to one direct report. The roles of the team is to carry out planned preventative maintenance and reactive/repair works on the building services plant & Undertake tasks in accordance with Quality Assurance and H&S Systems.
Ideally we are looking for a candidate
- Be flexible, health a safety awareness, determined approach to problem solving.
- All of the roles have a level of customer service, if a customer needs assistance, they must be willing to help them.
- The team are a close bunch, the new employee must be a team player. Good communication skills.
- Have a clean driving license as may need to travel to pick up parts.
* To carry out planned preventative maintenance in accordance with the HVAC specification and annual maintenance programme.
* Ensure engineering standards are maintained in order to maximize the operation effectiveness and reliability of the plant and associated systems.
* To ensure company QA and site procedures are adhered to in all aspects.
* Ensure Company & Site, Health & Safety procedures are always followed.
* Maintain accurate site records/documentation in association with all site works.
* To inspect the condition of services and proactively deal with callouts/repairs as required and requested by management.
* Attend site emergencies, outside of normal working hours.
* Carry out tasks within typical plant room environments and at high level, working from platforms and ladders. All access and PPE will be provided.
* Keep and maintain all company issued tools in a safe and serviceable manner.
* To proactively work towards the continued success and support of the contract with a positive approach.
* Complete any other associated task requested by the management.
* Weekend working required, (rota basis).
* This job description sets out the main duties of the post at the date when it was completed. Such duties may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the post or the level of responsibility entailed.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
* City & Guilds Electrical Engineering
* IEE 18th Edition
* Proven mechanical/electrical skills in all aspects of Building Services.
* In depth knowledge of building services with the ability to fault find and resolve problems
* Sound Judgment and examples of logical problem solving.
* Previous experience of working within a team in a maintenance environment.
* Competent working knowledge of all aspects associated with building services ie.
* Fire Alarm, BMS, Mains Switchgear, Air handling units, heating and ventilation,
pumps, calorifiers CWS and HWS systems,
* C&G inspection & testing
* IPAF certificate
* Health & Safety qualification
* BMS controls
* Pump Types
* Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning
* Basic Plumbing skills
* Proven experience in working a team.
* Computer literate
* Air conditioning
* Water treatment regimes
* Health and Safety training
* GCSE in Maths and English or equivalent
* Sprinkler systems
* Building management systems
* Electrically competent
* Basic fault diagnostics on controls etc
* Experience with 3 phase supplies.
Applications are encouraged to be made asap.