Position: Housekeeper Assistant
Location: Outskirts of Banbury
Salary: Up to £22K
Type: Permanent, 40+ hours per week
Various Shifts: 5/7 days
My client is on the lookout for an enthusiastic House Keeping who share the Hotel passion for all thing's hospitality. This exciting prospect for individual to join the team running, to assist with the cleaning of the 70-cover country pub with its 9 guest rooms and a private event space.
The successful candidate will be part of a team responsible for the day-to-day management of all housekeeping services in the hotel, and for providing leadership and development for the Housekeeping Team. They will ensure compliance with relevant regulations and policies and will harmoniously cooperate with other departments to ensure that all housekeeping needs are met in a professional and timely manner.
The Role & Responsibilities
- You are the decision maker and will set the high cleaning standards in the lodges and other areas of the operation.
- To ensure lodges and public areas are cleaned to an exceptionally high standard.
- Using your eye for details to ensure standards are always maintained and rectifying issues before they're noticed.
- Responding to guests requests efficiently.
- To be presentable, polite, and approachable always.
- You will be the 'face' of our lodges. Your work will create the guests memories of their stay at Hotel
- To be comfortable with shift working including weekend work.
- To be energetic and confident in your ability to deal with a busy and demanding environment.
- Always consider the environment and community with every decision made.
- To ensure awareness and understanding of COSHH - ensuring compliance always.
- Report any maintenance issues in a timely manner.
Key skills & Requirements:
- Previous experience in hospitality would be advantageous, but not essential
- An acceptable standard of basic spoken English.
- An excellent record of high standards
- A willingness to learn and develop.
- To work on own initiative, but to be a key member of the team, working together for the bigger picture.
- Ability to problem solve, quickly.
- Calm and collected when in a busy environment.
- Personal pride and honesty. Discretion is an important skill when working in guest bedrooms.
- Having a good eye for detail.
- Able to Step-up; having the confidence to do so but also to admit when you need help.
- A good level of fitness - you will be on your feet for long periods of time.
- A right to work in the UK.
- Willing to undertake DBS checks if required.
- Completive Salary
- Staff Uniform
- Career progression
- 28 days holiday (inc BH's)
- Pension Scheme
- Free hot drinks and fruit in the rest room
- Use of the Gold Cours
- As day off if your birthday falls on a working day
- 25% staff discount in the restaurant
- Long service awards
- Employee Assistance Scheme
- Bike to work Scheme
If you are interested and would like to find out more about this role, please call Rob Jones at Newbury Blue Arrow T: 02039 603 650 // or apply online
You must be eligible to live and work in the UK at the time of application
Blue Arrow Catering and Hospitality currently has an extensive range of catering roles; temporary, interim and permanent. See our website or get in touch for more details.