Blue Arrow are proud to be working in partnership with a Retail specialist client based in Nottingham, and we are currently looking to recruit a Service Engineer (Engineering / Electricals) to join their team at Head Office.
Hours: 8:00am - 6:00 pm (Mon-Thurs) and 8:00am - 5:00pm (Friday's)
About the Role
This role will be working under the Aftersales Manager to support repair of both customers and stock machines returned from the Stores Network.
- Manage throughput of product in the workshop, to agreed deadlines and quality standards.
- Ensure that a consistently high level of service is offered to customers.
- Have responsibility for effective operation within the service centre including H & S, security, stock management and housekeeping.
- Ensure that all job cards, spares orders, time sheets and stock notes are completed correctly and on time, and control all administration paperwork.
- Ensure that all company stock and spare parts are accounted for, and properly recorded when used. Ensure any items that may be needed at short notice are reordered without delay.
- Provide technical support to staff & customers with accuracy, efficiency & courtesy.
- Promote good Customer Service practices on the phone, at counter and on customer's premises. Always represent the company in a clean and smart uniform and a courteous manner.
- Report to senior personnel any breach of security or any act of dishonesty by a member of the public, visitor or member of staff
- Any other reasonable duties as required.
- Identification reporting and rectification of any product quality issues with Aftersales Manager
- Previous experience in the same or similar role
- Strong electrical/electronic engineering background
- Ideally be educated to NVQ level 3 or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills
- Good IT skills
- Ability to be proactive and have good use of initiative
- Organised, honest and reliable
- Work well individually and as part of a team
- Work effectively in a busy environment and accurately
Why should you apply?
This is also a great opportunity to join a fantastic organisation, where many opportunities including career progression and benefits are available.
- Staff Discounts
- Healthcare Cash plans
- A company pension scheme
- Life Cover
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Role specific training and development
- Proactive promotion of internal candidates
- Paid Breaks
- Free Tea & Coffee
Located in Nottingham City Centre. This location would suit anyone with their own transport in Nottingham or the surrounding areas. The site is also easily commutable to via bus services, as there are bus stops a short walk from the site.
The Next Stage
If you are interested in the above role, and feel you can meet the above requirements - we would love to hear from you as soon as possible. We please ask all applications are made via the click apply button.