Sorry! we didn't find any related jobs, click here to get in touch
Textile Operative x5
Location: Derby City Centre - immediate start dates
Contract - Temp to perm after successful period
Shifts - Monday To Thursday 7am till 5.15pm
Salary - up to 39 hours £8.72 anything over 39 hours is paid at time and half
We are pleased to be working with a local fabric manufacturing company based in Derby City Centre. Due to the current demand of their business, they are on the search for their next weaving team members to join their team.
Have you worked in a textile role previously? Or have you worked with loom fabric machines? If the answer is yes, we want to hear from you.
The Job Role
A lot of the role will be repetitive, involve manual labour/handling and you will be on your feet for the duration of the shift, see below a breakdown of the roles.
* Setting up, loading, and unloading of fabrics into the loom machines 2 to 3 times a week ready for production
* Operating and programming the loom machines
* Manually threading and tying of fabrics into machines
* To monitor the machines when in process
* Intricate detailed work, working with fine threads, high dexterity and nimble fingers will be required
* The role will be very hands on working with small materials
* Can work in a fast-past environment - as this is a fast pace role in the warehouse.
Training will be offered for the right candidate, from one of their experienced members, however the client is looking for the following in someone
* Ability to stand for long periods of time
* Great personality
* Would really suit someone looking to develop in this role, or if you have hobbies, or upholstery skills this will be adventurous
* Quick learner and a want to learn new roles
* Ideally previous experience working with fabric on a large scale
* Have a steady hand, along with concentration and excellent patience skills
* Worked with industrial machinery before.
* Looking for long term work - people who work here tend to go and stay and they have long standing staff members up to 46 years!
* 7am till 5.15pm Monday to Thursday - great for anyone wanting a long weekend.
* Overtime - may include occasional Fridays but only half a day
* Up to 39 hours £8.72
* Anything over 39 hours paid at time and half £13.08 per hour
If you have your own transport and access to your own vehicle great, If not don't worry as there are bus routes that drop you close to the warehouse, with a short walking distance.
**Please note we are asking candidates to apply online in the first instance so you can book your interview slot via Microsoft teams through video**
Once you are fully registered with us, you will then be asked to go and meet the HR Manager, for a tour of the factory and to see the job role, great opportunity to get to know the site, and for the site to get to know you.