Sorry! we didn't find any related jobs, click here to get in touch
Job Title Cook In Charge
Responsible to Unit Manager
Location Primary School
Work Level In-Unit Level
This role profile is a guide to the work you will initially be required to undertake. It may be changed from time to time to incorporate changing circumstances. It does not form part of your contract of employment.
Overall Purpose of the Role
To prepare, assemble, cook all menu dishes, providing high quality dishes for the customer and client. Assist in general cleaning within of the kitchen, maintaining high standards of hygiene. Drive sales through centrally driven menu plans and promotions and ensure compliance through preferred suppliers. Provide high quality service to customers and client in line with a food service offer that is applicable to sector and client. To support your Unit Manager with all aspects of operational issues and manage a team of employees within the kitchen.
Quality of Work
* Help to prepare, cook and assemble menus with the chef aligned to client environment and centrally driven menus and promotions where appropriate
* Follow set portion control and ensure all food is purchased in the first instance from our preferred list of suppliers wherever possible
* To ensure all food is stored, handled and packed at the correct temperature and in accordance with Food Handling and Hygiene Regulations.
* To maintain records of temperatures and remedial action taken where necessary, reporting all issues to your line manager
* To serve on the food counters in the client's premises following all customer service standards
* Use machinery as shown and trained to ensure equipment is used safely and in accordance with legislation, and reporting of equipment issues to your line manager
* To ensure that work areas are kept clean and that all waste is recorded and disposed of correctly.
* To be competent and skilled to work in all areas of preparation, cook and counter service.
* Ensure the quality and presentation of the food is to the highest standard and specification.
* Ensure the quality and the presentation of hospitality catering is to the highest standard
* To comply with all Health and safety legislation.
* To attend and comply with any training by Brands, Health and Safety, Food Safety, Special Diets Process etc.
* To ensure you comply with current dress and personal hygiene regulations.
* There is always a choice of food for the customer.
* There is enough food even during busy periods
* To deal with customer requests promptly and politely
* Listen to customer comments and deal with them as appropriate or pass on to a more senior member of staff to ensure prompt follow up action is taken * Good positive feedback from customers and clients
* Customer satisfaction and few complaints
* To ensure that all staff know about the food being prepared and cooked so can advise customers. To assist in daily menu briefs to the catering assistants
* Take initiate and take an active part in any unit sales promotions and make suggestions to help increase sales
* Customers are comfortable asking for advice and requests
* Sales increase due to successful sales promotions
Health & Safety
* Complete the One Compass Welcome prior to the commencement of employment.
* Receive, read and understand the contents of the Employee Guide to Working with Compass
* Taking reasonable care for your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by what you do or what you fail to do.
* Co-operate with your line manager on HSE matters.
* Correctly using work equipment, personal protective equipment in accordance with training and instructions provided.
* Not interfere with or mis-use anything provided for HSE purposes.
* Report HSE hazards, accidents, incidents, illness and diseases to your line manager.
My Service Commitments
To my customers and clients
* Always provide an excellent service at all times
* Ensure all customer feedback/comments are acted on promptly
* Actively seek to further knowledge and skills and improve personal performance
* To ensure cleanliness and neatness of work
To my team
* Prepared to help rest of team in a willing and positive manner
* Be friendly, pleasant and polite to work colleagues
To my Company
* Adhere to Health, Safety and Hygiene regulations and legislation
* Competent to work within or lead, and support the chef/ supervisor
* Acts in line with guidelines and procedures, to ensure the team operates to it's maximum potential
* Always strives to deliver above and beyond the expectations set by management, customer and client
* Has a proven desire for the delivery of the highest quality of service and food offer obtainable
* Has the drive to ensure that all results are attained in the most professional and honest manner
* Good people skills
* Passion about food and customer service
* Experience in a similar environment
* Food Hygiene Certificate
* High standards and quality driven
* A 'can do' attitude
* Chef Whites
Learning & Development Requirements
* NVQ training
If you are interested please apply now.