Position: Chef Manager
Establishment: Education - Primary School
Salary: £12.98 PH / £19,630 P/A
Hours: 35 hours per week - M to F - Term Time Working (38 weeks, paid for 43.31 weeks)
Are you looking for:
- your next step in your career? ✔️
- A Great Work life balance? ✔️
- No evenings or weekends? ✔️
- Want to work with fresh food? ✔️
- Want to work & lead a friendly team? ✔️
- I could go on! ......Then this role may be for you...
My client is looking for an experienced Chef manager used to produce dishes using fresh seasonal ingredients with an emphasis on flavours from around the world.
The Chef Manager will take on overall responsibilities for the running of the kitchen, with its 3 strong chef crew, and to plan and cater for 230+ main meals and oversee the kitchen as the school undertakes on an exciting journey to bring the school's meal provision, in-house. You must be committed to driving up school meal uptake and building better long-term eating habits for children and staff alike.
- producing dishes using fresh seasonal ingredients with an emphasis on cooked from fresh.
- stock ordering, site financials and budgetary responsibility.
- catering for 230+ main meals per lunchtime
- increasing meal uptake from existing site users.
- Creating better long-term eating habits
- overseeing the kitchen.
- 5 * scores on the doors
- Staff development and learning
- Being a head chef in a contract catering environment
- Presenting appetising looking meals
- Adhering to a food budget
- Stock ordering
- A track record of reaching targets and deadlines including stock control
- Menu planning and possess a passion for healthy food and creative flair, responsible for cooking and menu planning
- Creating a positive food culture and helping our students eat better food from around the world
- Experience of running a smooth and efficient catering service and able to identify further sales opportunities
- Great understanding of health and safety and food compliance
- Strong people management skills and is confident to manage performance through the day-to-day operation
- Working well under pressure and is comfortable in a very flexible, fast paced working environment.
- Delivering meals on time
- Marketing experience and creative ideas such as specials, dish of day etc
- Desire to making a positive social impact e.g., cookery classes/ club
- A positive can-so attitude
- Enjoys motivating and developing a team by promoting strong working relationships
- Company pension
- Free meal on any day worked
- Forward thinking school
- A minimum of two training course per year in a catering area of your interest
- Sick pay
This type of opportunity doesn't come around very often, so If you are interested in this role then APPLY NOW or please call Rob Jones at Blue Arrow Newbury on 02039 603 650 or email me at for more details or to discuss other opportunities
your application has been submitted
Back to job search