My client is currently hiring a receptionist for a fixed term contract to support in Birmingham, City Centre.
The duration of the contract is 9 months with the possibility for this to be extended up to 12 months as this role is designed to cover for maternity cover.
The pay-rate for the role is £9.50 per hour
The core hours of the business are between 8am - 6pm. The maternity cover is looking to fill the role of 10am - 6pm Monday to Friday. There may be times where a switch in shift patterns to support business needs is required.
Overall purpose of the role:
To provide the highest level of customer service ensuring consistently emotionally engaging experiences within the front of house area for all customers, visitors and occupiers.
Experience & Attributes
- Premium customer service experience essential
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication skills essential
- Ability to work independently, remaining focused and motivated
- Strong interpersonal skills
- To ensure you make the right impression every time.
- To take ownership of the front of house area offering an outstanding meet and greet service to all visitors, occupiers and clients.
- Assisting all customers and occupiers with their queries in a knowledgeable, professional and charming manner.
- To answer all internal and external telephone calls in a timely, professional warm and friendly manner.
- To offer a personalised service to all customers, being proactive, flexible and adaptive and using names whenever appropriate.
- To take pride in your appearance at all times, ensuring immaculate presentation in line with company policy.
- To demonstrate a clear awareness of environmental impact and actively seek ways to reduce waste.
- To adhere to the properties security procedures and regulations set out by management.
- Signing in all visitors in accordance to security procedures and processes, offering directions and assistance where relevant.
- Be aware of your front of house area and report any maintenance and security issues in a timely manner.
- To announce all visitors as relevant to building procedures.
- Working smartly, adding value in all that you do at every opportunity.
- Adhere to our company policies and procedures at all times.
- Contribute to best practice sharing ideas and supporting fellow team members.
- Anticipate customer, visitors and occupier's needs, ensuring their requirements are efficiently met on a consistent basis
Qualifications, Experience & Knowledge
- A DBS check is required to work on this contract and will be essential for you to pass as part of the role. This must be in place prior to starting employment.
- Experience of face to face front of house is essential
- Working within corporate environments
- Good understanding of health and safety requirements within a building environment
- Keyboard skills and basic computer literacy
Personal Qualities & Behaviours
- A team player but able to work under own initiative and able to escalate matters out of own limitations
- Good communications skills
- A desire to develop and undertake training as and when required.
- Customer focused
- Presentable and approachable, with a 'can-do' attitude.
About the company
My Client's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. They are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. They offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services.
your application has been submitted