Role - Band 4 Trainee Assessor
Location - Essex
Shifts - Monday to Friday, 9.00am - 5.00pm
Pay - £11.97 per hour
We are currently looking to recruit a motivated individual who has a background in the Health & Social care sector and will work towards completion of the Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement as part of their apprenticeship. Successful candidate would work as part of the EPUT Education Team within the Workforce Development and Learning Department to support the delivery of Pre-professional training programmes, the Talent for Care and apprenticeship agenda across all EPUT locations. To attain competence in carrying out induction, support and assessment of learners ensuring timely completion of the individual learning plan that meets the quality requirements of the EPUT Education Centre, the awarding body, Skills Funding Agency (SFA) and other funding or educational bodies involved in the process
* Undertake and complete all elements required for the Assessor / Coach Apprenticeship standards.
* Undertake and complete Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement whilst in apprenticeship role.
* Initially support assessors in carrying out learner inductions; this includes comprehensive completion of skills scans, individual learning plans, initial assessments to establish the correct level and programme of study. Once competent this will also be undertaken by post holder.
* Achieve competence in timely completion of assessment and SFA documentation to meet Awarding Body SFA and organisational requirements
* Assist Assessor with management of a caseload of learners and carry out regular learner visits where evidence of progression on the award to be evidenced at a minimum of 28 days
* Agree a programme of development and assessment, setting realistic but challenging goals that meet learners' and employers' needs
* Assessment of learners to take place in accordance with sector, awarding body.
* Timely completion of progress reviews and guidance points
* Submit and maintain electronic portfolios in a timely manner for the interim and summative verification of and work with the Internal Verifiers to ensure the quality of the award is maintained
* Liaise proactively with managers and staff, to actively promote apprenticeships within the Trust
* Undertake appropriate learning and development activities as required as part of the Assessor /Coach apprenticeship standard as required for the job role and maintain a record of all CPD activity
* Accurate maintenance of learner records ensuring confidentiality of sensitive information is maintained
* Attend team meetings with the Line Manager where you will be required to report on learner progress and identify any 'at risk' learners/sites
* To ensure compliance with all relevant policies, procedures and legislation
* Follow up any advice received from your internal quality assurer and undertake actions as required.
* Achieve competence to undertake observations of learners in practice as required by the Programme Lead.
* To ensure compliance and implementation in relation to the Safeguarding of Vulnerable Children and Adults policies and report all safeguarding concerns to Programme Lead and Trust Safeguarding lead as per policy.
* Maintain and develop numeracy and literacy skills as part of all taught learning sessions.
* Ensure risk assessments of students are undertaken in relation to Trust policies
* Knowledge and experience of the healthcare sector and requirements of the listed Healthcare apprenticeship standards.
* Anticipate and overcome barriers to progress and inspire achievement, ensuring that learning is inclusive and supports diversity
* Full driving licence required, as well as access to own vehicle to be able to travel between Trust sites.
* Ensure that the standards and values required for learning, development and assessment are embedded and sustained into clinical practice.
* Achieve competence in effective practice in giving feedback to guide progress and achievement
* To carry out and report on audits when requested
* To analyse training data as requested
* To represent the department and Trust at key events, educational establishments and when working with partner organisations to promote, deliver and expand opportunities in line with the promotion of the Talent for Care agenda
* To work within and advise on policy changes that may be required.
Training and Development
* To ensure all events and training opportunity are delivered according to the Trust quality assurance processes and they comply with any relevant external quality assurance or risk management guidelines.
* Design, develop and deliver new programmes as required.
* Ensure that all programmes of training are designed to use effective learning strategies
* Ensure that assessment methods employed will provide formative and summative feedback
* To make full use of blended learning methods to ensure that efficient and effective training is implemented.
* To evaluate teaching programmes, delivery methods and teaching strategies according to the Trust education standards
* To maintain accurate training records
* To maintain any additional records as required by the Workforce Development and Learning Department (e.g. diversity monitoring records)
Health and Safety
* To promote a health and safety culture and undertake risk assessments as required
* Visit staff in their practice areas to provide on-site support, observations of practice and guidance as required.
* Attend meetings and events as required. Giving presentations, providing cover to exhibition stands etc. May require driving for approximately 2 hours to reach locations.
* Deliver training programmes requiring physical effort (e.g. accessing training venues that may be some distance from available parking)
Please apply with your CV and a consultant will contact you. Due to the volume of expected applicants we are not able to contact everyone that has applied, if you haven't received a contact with 10 working days, please assume you have been unsuccessful in your application.
your application has been submitted