If you are looking for a role where you are a valued member of the team, within an organisation that is committed to supporting staff grow with us at Cooperative Group Warehouse, Castlewood Business Park, Mansfield, NG17 1JF. The Warehouse is located just off M1 J28 on the A38. While the use of technology is increasing in warehouses, manufacturing plants or factories across the country, the role of Warehouse Operative is becoming even more crucial to the smooth and efficient running of our business.
You will be joining a large team of great people, a team of over 200. All extremely supportive and welcoming ready to assist you in your first few weeks of work. We are currently looking for 45 new people to join this friendly team.
As a Warehouse Operative you will be/have:
* Individual who thrives on order, systematic working and keeping busy
* Organised, efficient and thrive in a fast-paced atmosphere
* Flexible and willing to take on a variety of tasks
* Good team player
* Good communication skills
* Reliable and dependable
* Physically fit and able to work on your feet for most of the shift; if loading, ability to meet the physical demands of the job, including bulk food items found in convenience stores.
* Practical and organised with a methodical approach to work
* Awareness and ability to follow safety instructions and procedures
* Good literacy and numeracy skills
Able to get to the Warehouse, located outside Mansfield, at NG17 1JF.
As a Warehouse Operative you will:
* Working in a cool, chill environment so layers are required
* Driving a LLOP truck, picking and packing supermarket items
* Using an automated, headset picking system - You will be given full training on how to use this and a few weeks on the learning curve to get to grips with the technology
* Working to performance targets - these are monitored over your first 8 weeks of work and support is given to ensure you hit these pick targets
* Assist with the unloading of vehicles and the checking in of stock
* Collect items from throughout the Warehouse, prepare and complete warehouse orders for delivery or pickup according to a schedule
* Full time ongoing role, guaranteed until 2021
* Fantastic enhanced Performance Bonus is available during your training period.
* Starting rate £8.72 raising to £9.94, £11.43 or £12.43 depending on the shift. Pay is dependant on your shift pattern, if you have a preference in shift please advise us on application. Increase in pay rates happen based on performance to £9.94 or after 12 weeks
* Overtime available at an enhanced rate of £14.91.
* Shift times: 6am-2pm, 11am-7pm, 2pm-10pm or 10pm-6am.
* 13 week rolling rota - this is to ensure you get two days off together and the rota is fair for everyone. You will also get regular weekends off
* 2 days off together - This is every week but they won't be the same two days every week until you have completed the full 13 week rota
* Free onsite parking
* On site Gym - which can be used free of charge
* Possibility of permanent roles with Coop
Experience an advantage, although full training will be provided, with on-going support for those with a 'can do' attitude and enthusiasm to learn. So if you have the skills to make you a great fit for the role of Warehouse Operative at Cooperative Group then apply with us today
your application has been submitted