Position: Seasonal Jnr Operation Manager - Full Time
Establishment: Lakeside Al Fresco Restaurant
Location: Cirencester, GL7
Hourly Rate: Up to £12.00 P/H
My client is on the lookout for a seasonal Jnr Operations Manager for a unique restaurant overlooking a beautiful Spring Lake, based near Cirencester. The restaurant offers relaxed, family friendly dining with It decked sun terrace and garden area where al fresco diners can watch all the fun on the water.
As Jnr Operation Manager you will understand 'great service' and how to motivate your team to deliver the best, each day. You will be passionate about all thing's 'hospitality', you will live and breathe it and that passion will be transferred to your team.
The ideal candidate will have a strong focus on operational standards; recognise the importance of constantly striving to improve guest service; the need to maintain a profitable business whilst developing a well-motivated team of staff. This position may suit a candidate who presently is a restaurant supervisor or restaurant manager looking to take the next step on the event, restaurant management ladder. You will believe in service, have an eye for detail and prefer to work in a team environment.
The Jnr operation manager role involves:
- Working closely alongside the General Manager & Owners
- Manager Day to Day Operations of all FOH aspect of the business
- Managing service - experience working with a la carte and tasting menu is highly desirable
- Management of the entire FOH team
- Training and development of your FOH team
- Accountability of weekly and monthly Stock takes
- Implementing and ensuring all FOH SOPS are carried out
- Local Marketing & Social media
- Continually Improving and maintaining high quality Customer Service
- Operate the restaurant in line with Brand standards, food safety, and health & safety guidelines always.
- Responsible for dealing with customer queries and complaints in the appropriate manner to ensure the customer gains the very best experience.
- Role modelling effective leadership behaviours and our vision and values always
- Ensure high levels of presentation are always maintained both front and back of house.
- Monitor and review all feedback from available channels and take appropriate action as required.
- Ensure the effective team levels are always maintained both front and back of house and prepare rotas in accordance with rota and wage/turnover %.
- Promote the business through positive marketing strategies and ensure all POS is up to date and relevant.
- Deliver our performance targets against budget, managing stock, margin and cost control whilst ensuring exceptional customer service always.
- Ensure the outside Terrace area is always kept presentable.
- Run team incentives to promote sales and ensure upselling is everyday practice.
- Assist the Head chef in ensuring the Food quality brand standards are met, regularly checking food is being served to brand specification.
- Always communicating with Customers and team to ensure industry leading service levels are met.
- Always promote the company and the Park with a positive approach.
- Ensure the Company Food Safety Policy together with a Health & Safety Policy to ensure the Health, Safety and Welfare of all team members, customers, guests and visitors whilst on company premises.
- Work in a safe manner, with due diligence towards yourself, with the team, customers and general public always.
- Report accidents, incidents and hazards regarding Health & Safety to your Manager immediately.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- Strong leadership and man management skills.
- Proven success at building teams and developing a team.
- Analytical, particularly with respect to creating systems and processes for the business. Able to break down and systemise tasks.
- Very strong communication skills.
- You must be able to show genuine passion for the hospitality industry.
What's in it for you...?
- Hourly rate
- Negotiable end of season bonus
- Tips shared amongst all staff on shifts on a monthly basis via a tronc system
- Discounts within the restaurant
- Training & Development
If you are interested and would like to find out more about this role, please call Rob Jones at Newbury Blue Arrow T: 02039 603 650 // or apply online
You must be eligible to live and work in the UK at the time of application
Blue Arrow Catering and Hospitality currently has an extensive range of catering roles; temporary, interim and permanent. See our website or get in touch for more details.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search