Blue Arrow Derby are proud to be working in partnership with an excellent School based in Derby. They are looking for a Campus Manager to join their team at their Derby site on a full-time permanent basis.
Please note the successful candidate will have to go through full compliance and vetting checks before being able to start.
Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday. Hours will be between 7:00am - 6:30pm. Some weekend and unsociable hours depending on project work and emergencies.
Salary: £25,295 - £30,507 (depending experience and qualifications)
About The Role
The overall purpose of this role be to ensure School premises and equipment is safe, secure and fit for purpose, and well maintained and compliant with Health and Safety obligations.
Duties will include:
- Assume delegated responsibility for Health & Safety matters including acting as the School's Health and Safety and Fire Officer
- Meet and wherever possible exceed the National Minimum Standards
- Maintain and improve processes for staff raising works orders
- Manage the activities and performance of the housekeeping team
- Provide for the efficient maintenance, safety, risk assessment and security of the school and its grounds
- Be a key holder and point of contact in an emergency callout situation. Carry out specified procedures in the event of fire, flood, breaking and entering, accident or major damage.
- Organise routine and statutory checks and alerting Head teacher of any breaches or risks
- Develop and oversee a rolling programme of repairs and maintenance works; organise and oversee minor and major improvement projects in liaison with the Senior Leadership Team
- Source best value for money contractors, manage and assure the quality of their work
- To secure and lock-up buildings at the end of the school day
- Ensure security arrangements for the buildings and campus are robust and meet the needs of pupils and staff
- Organise the storage and disposal of goods no longer in use
- Previous experience in the same or similar role is essential
- Demonstrates previous experience of managing a site and leading a team.
- Experience of working in an educational setting is not essential
- Good IT Skills
- Excellent organisational skills and a practical hands-on approach to work are.
- Ability to work well as part of a team and individually
- Flexible attitude and good use of initiative
- Able to work calmly and be well organised
- Proactive and reactive to ensure any challenges are met and tasks are completed in a timely and efficient manner
- Excellent communication skills
- Current Enhanced DBS (covering child workforce) is desirable but not necessary as this check will be completed as part of the vetting process
If you have a car and are flexible with travel great! If you're limited to public transport, there are bus routes available due to the location. Our Client is located in near Derby City Centre. On-site parking is also available.
The Next Stage
If you are interested in the above role, and feel you can meet the above requirements - we would love to hear from you as soon as possible. We please ask all applications are made via the click apply button, and we will aim to process your application as quickly and as efficiently as possible.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search