Sorry! we didn't find any relevant jobs matching your criteria.
Can't find what you're looking for? Click here to get in touch
Blue Arrow are proud to be working with a great Retail based client who are looking to recruit an Assistant Store Manager to join their team for their site in Stapleford, Nottinghamshire.
Please note this is a permanent position but ideally hoping for the successful candidate to start ASAP or have a short notice period.
Salary: £18,000 - £20,800 (depending on experience)
Hours: Full-time - 40 hours per week
Working 5 out of 7 days a week on a shift rota pattern
Duties will include:
* Manage, motivate, train and develop staff in accordance HR Policies and Procedures and relevant employment legislation.
* Manage and implement promotional strategies/activities.
* Manage cash and payment systems in accordance with Company procedures.
* Plan and implement store merchandising and layout, taking customer traffic flow into consideration, to present the right image and appearance in order to maximise sales, and ensure customer satisfaction.
* Liaise with external agencies and authorities as necessary (HR & Training Suppliers, Fire Service, Police, Local Council, HSE etc.)
* Manage, maintain and report on Stock Levels of merchandise and non-merchandise stock.
* Ensure all equipment, fixtures and fittings of the store are maintained and in good condition.
* Manage Health, Safety, Security and Emergency systems within the store ensuring staff and customer awareness and in accordance with Company policy and relevant legislation.
* Continuously develop and maintain product knowledge.
* Continuously develop and maintain awareness of competitor activity and pricing strategy.
* Involvement in planning staff rotas.
* Deputise in the absence of the Store Manager.
* Any other duties as directed by the Store Manager Customer Service
* Develops working relationships with people from other areas of the business.
* Provides services and information accurately and timely.
* Responds to customers in a collaborative and friendly manner always striving to deliver customer satisfaction.
* Takes ownership for work activities, issues and complaints within his/her control, referring those, which are outside their remit to the appropriate person.
* Previous experience in the same or similar role is essential
* Previous management experience is essential and within the retail industry would be desirable
* Excellent people and customer service skills,
* Strong listening skills and communication techniques
* Ability to work both independently and as part of team
* Excellent use of initiative
* Reliable, organised and flexible
* Be able to work to tight deadlines, and work well under pressure
* Enjoy helping people
* Good at problem solving
If you have a car and are flexible with travel great! If you're limited to public transport, there are bus routes available. Our Client is located in Stapleford.
The Next Stage
If you are interested in the above role, and feel you can meet the above requirements - we would love to hear from you as soon as possible. We please ask all applications are made via the click apply button, and we will aim to process your application as quickly and as efficiently as possible.