Blue Arrow are recruiting for experienced administrators to support in Key Worker roles throughout the coming months on a temporary assignment, working in partnership with...
Blue Arrow are currently seeking Oxford-based Commercial Stock Managers to work within a state of the art, high output diagnostics laboratory environment as part of the UK's NHS Test and Trace programme.
As well as playing a vital role in supporting society's return to a more normal way of life by helping to break the chains of COVID-19 transmission, you will also gain invaluable experience and exposure to some of the country's most highly skilled individuals in the scientific community.
This represents a once in a lifetime opportunity to go above and beyond to support public health, while also extending your already accomplished stock governance skills and positioning your career for further success and growth.
Start Date: January 2021
3 month temporary contract
Pay Rate: £25 per hour
The Commercial Stock Manager will be responsible for managing stock being at risk from write off, reviewing levels of stock weekly and generating purchase requests as appropriate to ensure no 'stock outs' that will affect customers.
A core responsibility of this role is to provide stock governance of increasingly complex supply relationships, review initial purchasing conditions to ensure operations do not take on major risks within the deal.
Our Commercial Stock Managers will be able to use existing systems and develop their own controls to ensure risk is reviewed across all stocks weekly. In addition, you will also will lead on stock governance and risk management over stocks valued at up to £2 million at any one time.
There are substantial and complex contract issues that need skill and technical knowhow to address in this role, so a recognized qualification such as CIPS or a relevant accounting qualification would be an advantage for this role.
As a Commercial Stock Manager, you'll need the following education, experience and skills:
* Educated to degree level in relevant subject or equivalent level of working experience.
* Knowledge of Good Distribution Practice (GDP) regulations.
* Knowledge of quality and risk-management issues and methods used to maintain high quality.
* Knowledge of pharmaceutical suppliers
* Knowledge of financial risk issues and legislation around Specials and unlicensed medicines
* In training for a CIPS or financial qualification
* Experience of pharmacy services development
* Excellent communication skills and ability to work and negotiate with diverse groups of people
* Ability to manipulate and analyse electronic data
* Competence in the use of Microsoft Office (i.e. spreadsheets, word processing, presentation software)
* Focused stock management experience within a pharmaceutical wholesaler
* Highly self-motivated
As well as a competitive rate of pay (with an uplift applied for night working and end of contract bonus), you'll receive comprehensive training on relevant lab procedures and equipment.
This role will work on a shift pattern and will include day, evening and weekend shifts. Please speak to our team to learn more.
This is literally a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a team of highly skilled individuals, all focussed on delivering the best possible outcome.
If you're ready for a new challenge and want to be part of the team delivering this essential work, please submit your CV today!