Are you looking for a new role as a HGV Class 1 Driver? If so, then Blue Arrow are here to support you with finding your perfect role.
As a temporary agency, we offer a very wide variety of employment opportunities. We are specifically looking for HGV Class 1 (Category LGV C+E) at the moment.
Whether you are looking for part time work, weekend work, full time opportunities, days, nights, nights out, trunking, shunting, container work, ADR work or something else, we will work with you to find the right role for you.
Whether you would like to work with Blue Arrow on an AD-Hoc basis, covering bookings with our current Client Data Base or whether you are looking for a Permanent/Full Time Job Role, we would be delighted to work with you to find just what it is that you are looking for.
So whether you are newly qualified, or have been driving articulated lorries for over 10 years, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us.
As a HGV Class 1 Driver, your duties will include:
- Driving a articulated lorry
- Completing Driver & Vehicle Safety Checks before setting off on every route
- Liaising with Transport Office for route and traffic updates
- Managing your own Driving Hours to comply with the regulations of Government Authorities
- Using HGV Sat-Nav to plan your daily routes
- Abiding by the laws and regulations of the road
Skills and qualifications required:
- Valid UK Driving Licence (Category C+E)
- Valid CPC Card
- Valid Digital Tachograph Card
- Sufficient understand of The South Wales Geographical Location
- You will not be considered for the role if you have more than 6 Driving Penalty Points
- Drivers with Driving Offences for driving under the influence of Drugs or Alcohol will not be considered for the role
- You would be fully registered for work with Blue Arrow - Cardiff, taking up temporary assignments with our current Client data base. This could mean that you would be working with a general haulage company for three days per week and then working with a Builder's Merchant for another two days.
- You could also be working with one of our Clients on an ongoing basis. Or you could simply just pick up weekend work if this suits your life style. The point is, the option is yours.
- Whilst working with Blue Arrow on an Ad-Hoc Basis, you would be paid weekly and you would work one week in Advance to payment.
- The lowest hourly pay rate that we have fixed with any of our Temporary/Ad-Hoc assignments is £11.00 per hour. Each assignment with each client could offer a different hourly pay rate(s).
Temporary to Permanent (Temp to Perm):
- Temp to Perm Contracts is where we would place you into an ongoing assignment with our Clients, with a fixed period of time where you will be employed by Blue Arrow, before being offered a Permanent/Full Time position with our Clients.
- The length of how long you would be employed by Blue Arrow before you move to a Permanent/Full Time Contract can vary from Client to Client.
- Whilst being employed by Blue Arrow, you will be paid weekly and you will work one week in advance to payment.
- Permanent Contracts with our Clients are managed slightly differently.
- We would arrange an interview and driving assessments for you, with our Clients.
- If successful with your application and interview stages, you would then be offer a Permanent/Full Time Position with our Clients
(Permanent Contracts are more rare than Temporary/Ad-Hoc and Temp to Perm assignments)
In return we offer:
- A wide range of job opportunities
- Excellent Hourly Pay Rates
- Experienced Recruitment Consultants to work alongside you to find you your perfect role
- Blue Arrow Superstars Reward Scheme where you can win a voucher for being an Employee of the Month
If this sounds of an interest to you, please call Cameron at Blue Arrow Cardiff or alternatively apply online and we will get back to you.