My client is looking for a Medical Receptionist who has a Smart Card and experience using SystmOne to support their current team. Immediate starts availableLocation:...
The post holder will assist the Medical Secretary in providing an effective and efficient support service to clinical teams, maintaining robust systems and processes are in place for administrative management of the patient pathway. The post holder will provide an efficient audio typing service to ensure that clinical correspondence and all associated actions have been actioned to ensure smooth progress throughout the patient pathway in line with clinical requests.
The post holder will have skills in all areas of administrative functions to enable them to support the patient pathway, using Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) to ensure that functions of the role are carried out correctly within given timescales.
* Type clinical correspondence using the audio dictation system, according to clinical priority and chronological order in line with agreed standards of speed/accuracy.
* Review and finalise any outsourced transcription in line with the agreed standard.
* Promptly file correspondence and investigation results into case notes, in line with Trust policy.
* Ensure that all correspondence is checked and digitally signed by the appropriate consultants, in line with timescales, escalating where backlogs are developing
* To liaise and assist Medical Secretaries, and others, in order to ensure correct administration of the patient pathway, system updates and effective utilisation of clinic capacity.
* To prioritise own workload appropriately, referring any service concerns to the Team Leader in a timely manner.
* Assist in developing office and typing practices to continually improve the service provided
* Ensure Inter-Provider Transfers (IPT) are completed/actioned in line with standard operating procedure
* Maintain good relationships with patients and other members of staff, ensuring a high degree of confidentiality and integrity at all times.
* Ensure all clinical events as part of the patient pathway are requested and received in a timely manner and in line with RTT and other pathway timeframes.
* Develop a close working relationship with clinical teams to ensure that high standards of service are maintained.
* Assist with providing information to allow clinician impact assessment when clinic/theatre changes are approved.
* To provide general administrative support where required across the whole function of the administration team.
Clinical Admin Generic duties/responsibilities
* Adhere to local, national and clinically indicated maximum timeframes including Referral to Treatment (RTT), Cancer, and diagnostics, escalating where capacity does not allow or there are conflicting targets.
* Adhere to the available policies/SOPs relevant to the job role, to ensure consistent services are delivered.
* Attend meetings for service development initiatives as required.
* Follow internal escalation processes.
* Use of Trust developed Patient Tracking Lists (PTLs) and/or other information reports for consistent facilitation of patient pathway
* Attend/complete all mandatory training in accordance with Trust Policy and participate in the Trust's Annual Appraisal.
* Liaison with any relevant member of the Trust or external to the Trust, as appropriate to your role to ensure efficient and timely flow of patient pathway, in line with information governance policy.
* Contribution to achievement of local/national Key Performance Indicators relevant to the role.
* Liaise as appropriate to ensure correct system recording of patient pathway and demographic details in order to prevent data quality issues.
* Be aware of and adhere to the Trust's Policies, Procedures and Disciplinary rules, and promote awareness amongst peers.
* To participate in training/induction of new staff.
* Be an active team member and undertake any other duties that may be reasonably requested to facilitate the smooth running of the Trust ensuring confidentiality at all times, maintaining good relationships with patients and other members of staff.
* Promote data quality by adhering to best practices and operating standards
* Provide cover as necessary at the request of the Line Manager across the core clinical administration functions, commensurate with level of the role.
SCOPE AND RANGE
The post holder is appointed to a division and may be assigned a department, the post holder may have to cover additional departments within the division to ensure consistent management of workload and continued cover.
The above indicates the main duties of the post, which may be reviewed in the light of experience and developments within the service.
Hours; 38 hours per week Monday - Friday
Pay rate: £9.55 per hour.
DBS required. Experience within a similar capacity and medical terminology preferred.
If you would like to be considered for the role then please apply on line or if you have any specific questions then please call 01142722600 speak to Marie