Head Chef - Café/Restaurant - Portsmouth - £30,000 + Tips
Are you looking for a new challenge in 2021 and once restrictions are lifted?
Great work life balance role available!!
A fabulous Café/Restaurant located near the Waterfront in Portsmouth are currently recruiting for an experienced Head Chef to join their team.
The café/restaurant likes to use humble ingredients and turn them in to great, crowd pleasing dishes.
The good news is that the venue is open for Lunch Wednesday to Sunday and Dinner is served on Friday and Saturday so this job does not offer too many late nights. It is closed on Monday and Tuesday.
You will be cooking for around 35-50 covers and the team is made up of a Head Chef, CDP and KP with ability to expand the team once Covid restrictions ease.
The café is has a reputation for using high quality, fresh food produce so we are looking to recruit a friendly, talented, hands-on Head Chef with a genuine love for food, cooking & hospitality to lead and run the kitchen to a high standard.
Main Duties and Responsibilities as a Head Chef (Portsmouth)
* To ensure the food preparation and presentation meets the required standards
* To keep all working areas clean and tidy
* To supervise and motivate the team
* To comply with health and safety and food safety legislations
* To monitor portion control, fresh food and dry store orders
What You Need To Be a Successful Head Chef (Portsmouth):
* Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability to work well under pressure
* Previous experience in a high quality, fresh food boutique venue desirable
* Ideally located close to the Portsmouth/Southsea area
The Reward/Benefits - Head Chef (Portsmouth)
* Salary - £30,000 plus £400 circa tips per month
* Great Kitchen environment
To apply for this role, please click the "APPLY" button
Unfortunately, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we can only respond to applicants with relevant work experience.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.