Kitchen Assistants & Cleaners Alfreton (Temp) Enhanced DBS requiredBlue Arrow Derby are proud to be working in partnership with several different clients within Alfreton and...
Blue Arrow are recruiting catering staff to be part of our team, working in school in the Nuthall Nottinghamshire NG16.
If you're reliable and hard-working, but need a job that can provide you with flexible hours and shifts, then get in touch with us today. We understand that it can be necessary to juggle family commitments with work, and always try to support our staff and give them the flexibility they need.
Roles & Responsibilities
As a Kitchen Assistant you will have the following skills:
* The ability to work quickly and to the required standard
* An understanding of the importance of health and hygiene
* Experience of working in a commercial kitchen
* Plenty of stamina and the ability to work on your feet for most of the shift
* A great team player
* Good listening skills and ability to follow instructions
* Good oral communication
* A willingness to learn
* A positive attitude
* Experience doing basic food prep, like washing, peeling and chopping vegetables is ideal but not essential
As a Kitchen Assistant you will:
* Ensure that the kitchen is clean and operational, cleaning the food preparation equipment, floors and other kitchen tools or areas
* Wash utensils and dishes and making sure they are stored appropriately
* Sort, store and distribute ingredients under instruction
* Assist chefs by washing, peeling, chopping, cutting and cooking food stuffs and helping to prepare dishes or sides such as salads and desserts
* Dispose of rubbish correctly
* Organise linen/laundry
* May also be responsible for preparing ingredients with guidance
* Receive deliveries of new food and drink stock items, checking off items and storing them correctly
* No formal qualifications required as we can offer training
* Relevant background required for all sites
* Any experience in a similar role will certainly help
* A full driving licence may be useful, as well as any certificates like first aid training or food hygiene
So, if you need a role than can be flexible with hours and fit around your other commitments, and you will be a reliable and hard-working Kitchen Assistant then apply at Blue arrow today.