We are currently looking for reach truck drivers for one of our most prestigious clients. The role provides a varied working day that includes:Working in...
We are currently recruiting for experienced FLT, reach fork lift truck drivers.
Culture and inclusion
If you're looking for a role where your contribution is just as important as how well your team performs, then we want to hear from you. As a Reach Fork Lift Truck Driver at Blue Arrow, you will enjoy the close-knit nature of the teams you work in, and it's a great way to meet a diverse bunch of people.
As a qualified Forklift Driver, there are lots of opportunities to develop your skills and experience within our manufacturing company. At Blue Arrow, we are always on the lookout for hard-working, competent Reach Forklift Truck Drivers so apply with us today.
A business with future
As technology develops in the manufacturing industry, so does our need for skilled operators who are able to maintain the highest levels of safety, precision and efficiency in their work. At Blue Arrow, we understand the need for excellent Reach Forklift Truck Drivers and can offer you a stable role within our warehouse.
As a Reach Forklift Truck Driver, you will have:
- Formal training and experience operating reach fork lift trucks
- A good knowledge of Health & Safety in the workplace
- The ability to meet the physical demands of the job - this would encompass manual handling/picking/moving of boxes, as well as using machinery
- The ability to operate machinery including forklifts, cherry pickers** and pallet jacks
- Good organisational skills
- The ability to follow instructions
- Being able to stay focused in busy or loud environments, and not get distracted
- Basic math skills to make load calculation and estimate lifting height and covered distances (ie. to the standard required to get the licence)
- Basic literacy is advantageous
You will be:
- Reliable and dependable
- Mature and able to work sensibly is very important - operating any forklift has the potential to be dangerous and cause injury or damage, so you will be required to take the job seriously and always act with a high level of professionalism
- Strong when it comes to attention to detail
- Someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment and able to work efficiently
- Flexible and willing to take on a variety of tasks
- Someone who enjoys working systematically and productively
- A team player with a positive attitude
In this role you will:
- Store, pick and move stock as required using a reach Forklift Truck
- Ensure stock is placed in the correct areas and codes accurately
- Move delivered products from vehicles into the warehouse
- Stack and palletise product
- Move pallets of products to and between warehouse racks
- Use automatic and manual packing machines, scales and printing devices, label and manage inventory
- Work both alone and as part of a team with efficiency and commitment to complete work and strive to maintain the business performance targets
- Ensure the relevant paperwork or PC-based data entry/scanning is complete for each of task
- Be responsible for vehicle maintenance and adhering to health and safety regulations
- Noticing when machinery isn't working properly and acting appropriately
- Be required to accurately move loads in confined spaces and estimate the weights of loads
- Reach Fork Lift Truck licence
- Experience working in a warehouse or factory, or driving professionally
Working hours 22.00- 06.00 Monday - Friday
So if you want to join a team where your contribution is valued and diversity is celebrated, apply with us today. This is a great opportunity with great facilities and an onsite restaurant, parking and a clean working environment. Please speak to one of our Sheffield team on 01142722600 or email your CV now for an immediate response.