Janitor/Caretaker x5 start date from 2nd NovemberContract: Temporary Ongoing with potential for permanent contractMany Schools are needing support now more than ever during these difficult...
School Caretaker required
Location: Derby & Derbyshire
Pay £10 per hour
Contract: Temporary Ongoing potential for permanent opportunity too after successful period.
Blue Arrow Derby are proud to be working in partnership with several Schools, Trusts, and Academies throughout Derby and Derbyshire. You will be providing support during these difficult times, and helping Schools provide a safe and welcoming environment
Please note Candidates should ideally be immediately available and must hold a current enhanced DBS (covering child workforce) issued within the last 12 months or registered as part of the update service.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week - based on a rota system that will operate covering core hours Monday to Sunday - 5.45am to 10.00pm.
You would also be expected to attend out of hour's emergency calls in respect to intruder/fire alarm activation.
About your new Role:
Responsibly will include ensuring that the security and general appearance of the building and surrounding areas are maintained in accordance with the required standards set by the school.
Duties will include:
* Line manage & co-ordinate site staff
* To ensure equipment is efficiently and effectively operated.
* To be responsible for maintaining the security of the premises including monitoring the school's CCTV system.
* Cleaning and fitting of necessary equipment.
* Undertake risk assessments and COSHH procedures as appropriate.
* To carry out cleaning tasks (vacuuming, mopping, cleaning toilets/sinks, etc.)
* To ensure that gullies, drains etc. are kept free from debris and that the school and ground are litter free. Litter bins are to be emptied and the contents disposed of daily.
* To be responsible for ensuring clear and safe pedestrian access to the school
* To dispose of waste material in a safe, hygienic manner ensuring that it is available for collection as required.
* Carry out regular tests including fire alarm and emergency light testing
* General site safety inspections
* PAT testing
* Promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young persons you are responsible for or come into contact with.
* Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person..
* Assist with pupil needs as appropriate during the school day.
* To undertake setting up and clearing away furniture.
Why should you apply?
This is a fantastic opportunity to work within some great organisations, that can offer on-site parking and facilities available. This would suit individual's looking for immediate work but also where longer or other working opportunities may also be available.
* Previous experience as a care taker or site supervisor (within an education environment is desirable) Experience of caretaking or premises management, building cleaning or building management
* A full clean driving license
* Operation and maintenance of heating systems
* Ability to lift and carry items and work from a ladder / access platform heights
* Ability to use own initiative to manage own work effectively
* Use of general cleaning equipment
* Flexible interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate with diverse groups and individuals
* Attention to detail
* Understanding of responsibilities of the Trust and schools in ensuring compliance with relevant safeguarding and data protection legislation
Majority of Schools within Derby and Derbyshire are all pretty much accessible via public transport however a full UK driving license is desired as you may be required to drive mini busses or move/transfer equipment from school to school.
The Next Stage:
If you are interested in the above role and feel you can meet the above requirements - we would love to hear from you as soon as possible. We please ask all applications are made via the click apply button, and we will aim to process your application as quickly and as efficiently as possible.